Credit Card Selector
Simply answer the questions below to find the right credit card for your needs.
What is most important to you in a credit card?
What type of reward do you prefer?
Is low annual fee or low interest most important to you?
Is low or no annual fee most important to you?
What type of rewards are you interested in?
Which reward type do you prefer?
Which reward type do you prefer?
Select your annual income type and amount:
1. Interest rates will change from time to time on at least 30 days prior notice to primary cardholders. "Cash" means cash advances, balance transfers and Convenience Cheques.
2. Out-of-Province Travel Medical Insurance (available on select CIBC credit cards) is for the first 15 days of a trip by a primary cardholder age 64 or under. For further details on any insurance benefits included with CIBC credit cards, see the Learn More link above.
3. Some airlines may impose fees, restrictions or other conditions on air travel. Aventura Points will be cancelled if they remain unredeemed for 60 days after you voluntarily close your Aventura credit card account or within 12 months of primary cardholder's death.
4. Aventura Points are earned on card purchases less returns, and not on cash advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, payments, regular CIBC Convenience Cheques or Aventura Points redemptions. Aventura Rewards and Program Terms may change without notice. Taxes, fees and surcharges may apply to Rewards. Aventura Points earned on purchases during a monthly statement period may not be credited to you if your card is not in good standing at any time during the monthly statement period.
5. Insurance coverage(s) included with CIBC credit cards are underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA). Different cards will have different coverage(s). To learn about which coverage(s) are included with a specific card, and important information regarding coverage eligibility requirements, benefits, limitations and exclusions, see www.cibc.com/ca/credit-card/agreements-insurance.html and the insurance certificate(s) in your card package. Some insurance coverage(s) require purchase(s), auto rentals, common carrier fares and other trip costs to be charged to the card to activate coverage. Other conditions may also apply. Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance (CLDI) is available for automobile rentals of up to 48 days. The full cost of the rental must be charged to the card and the rental agency's Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) must be declined. CLDI provides coverage up to the actual cash value (ACV) of the rental vehicle as defined in your insurance certificate. Note that some rental agencies may assess their damages at an amount greater than the ACV of the rental vehicle and you may be liable to them for the difference. Before declining the rental agency's CDW or LDW, you should read carefully and compare the terms of the rental agreement, the CLDI insurance certificate in your card package and any other insurance you own to decide which coverage best meets your protection needs. Out-of-Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance (TMI) covers the primary cardholder, their spouse and dependent children for the first 15 days of a trip if the covered person is age 64 or under*. Dependent children must be age 20 or under or a full-time student age 24 or under, unless they have a permanent physical or mental deficiency. TMI may not cover medical procedures performed without pre-approval. TMI and Trip Interruption Insurance may not cover certain pre-existing health/medical conditions. Certain RSA coverages are “excess insurance” (all other sources of insurance and recovery must be exhausted before coverage is available). For more information, call RSA toll-free at 1-866-363-3338 in Canada, continental U.S and Hawaii or collect from elsewhere at 905-403-3338.
6. Flight availability at this Aventura Point level depends on ticket prices set by airlines. Flights at this Aventura Point level will not be available to all destinations from all departure points and times.
7. For full details see maximum ticket prices and Aventura Airline Rewards Chart at www.cibcaventura.com. Some airlines may impose fees, restrictions or other conditions on air travel. Aventura Points will be cancelled if they remain unredeemed for 60 days after you voluntarily close your Aventura credit card account or within 12 months of the primary cardholder's death.
8. Applicable rebate rate depends on annual volume of net card purchases. Rebate is earned on a tiered basis on card purchases less returns, and not on cash advances (including by Convenience Cheques), balance transfers, fees, interest, payments or on net purchases over $50,000 per year. Rebate is credited to the CIBC Dividend Platinum card account when the December account statement is issued, as long as account is then in good standing (otherwise the rebate is cancelled). Dividend Dollars® are calculated as follows: on the first $3,000 in net annual purchases your rebate is 0.5%; on your next $12,000 in net annual purchases your rebate would be 1.0%; on your next $20,000 in net annual purchases your rebate would be 1.5%; on your next $15,000 in annual net purchases your rebate would be 2.0%. Program terms are subject to change without notice. (See Card Package for full details.)
9. Discounts are determined by the participating rental agency and apply to time and kilometer /mileage charges only. Visit www.cibc.com for further details.
10. When you use your card to reserve hotel accommodations, a guaranteed reservation request may be made to hold the requested or comparable hotel room (subject to individual hotel policies and conditions).