* Terms and Conditions for the CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account® Bonus Interest Offer
The following Terms and Conditions explain in detail how bonus interest can be earned on new balances in an existing CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account® or on deposits to a new CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account®.
1. The CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account® (the “TFSA Savings Account”) Bonus Interest Offer (the “Offer”) begins on May 2, 2017 and continues until July 31, 2017 (the “Offer Period”). The Offer applies to eligible TFSA Savings Accounts only.
Eligible TFSA Savings Accounts
2. If a TFSA Savings Account is opened during the Offer Period, it is eligible to earn Bonus Interest on the full daily closing balance from the date the TFSA Savings Account is opened for the duration of the Offer Period.
3. If a TFSA Savings Account was opened before the Offer Period, it will earn Bonus Interest on the portion of the account's daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance as at May 1, 2017 (the “New Balance”).
4. The Offer is limited to one TFSA Savings Account per customer. If a customer has more than one TFSA Savings Account under the same name during the Offer Period, only the first TFSA Savings Account opened will be eligible.
Bonus Interest and Regular Interest
5. Bonus Interest is calculated daily at the current rate and paid monthly on:
(a) each day's full closing balance for an eligible TFSA Savings Account opened during the Offer Period; or
(b) each day's New Balance for an eligible TFSA Savings Account opened before the Offer Period.
Regular Interest is calculated daily at the current rate on each day's full closing balance and paid monthly.
If the TFSA Savings Account is closed during the month, Bonus Interest is not paid for that entire month.
For current Bonus and Regular Interest rates ask at any CIBC branch or visit www.cibc.com. Regular and Bonus Interest rates may change at any time without prior notice.
6. Bonus Interest will not be paid on funds that are transferred from an existing TFSA Savings Account to another existing or new TFSA Savings Account.
7. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. CIBC, in its sole discretion, may change these terms and conditions or withdraw this Offer at anytime without notice. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this Offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it determines or believes is abusing or manipulating this Offer.
® Registered trademark of CIBC. CIBC Cube Design & “Banking that fits your life.” are trademarks of CIBC.
1 Early redemption is available on each anniversary of the purchase date or within 7 days after each anniversary. Redemption is not otherwise available.
2 If a GIC is redeemed before maturity to transfer funds to a TFSA at another financial institution, no interest will be paid and a transfer fee will apply.