† You may be eligible to receive a $300 cash bonus when you incorporate your business through MyCorporation and open a Business Account as follows:
1. Offer period
The Offer Period begins on March 22, 2021 and ends on September 22, 2021.
In order to be eligible to receive the cash bonus, you must meet the following criteria:
3. Additional conditions that apply
- Eligible Businesses, as defined below, that meet all eligibility requirements will receive $300, which will be deposited into the Business Account opened in connection with this offer within 4 weeks of having satisfied the eligibility requirements.
- Only one cash bonus per Eligible Business, regardless of the number of products opened or number of co-owners.
- Existing Business Accounts opened by the principals or owners of the Eligible Business prior to qualifying for this offer must remain open and in good standing for a minimum of 90 days following the opening of a new Business Account in connection with the offer.
- Offer cannot be combined with other CIBC offers.
4. General terms and conditions
- This cash bonus offer and these terms do not impact service fees or charges which may apply to the CIBC products. See the Business Account Service Fees brochure for applicable account fees.
- CIBC reserves the right to change, cancel, extend or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
- CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this offer in respect of any CIBC customer that CIBC believes, in its sole discretion, is abusing or manipulating this offer.
- In order to receive the $300 cash bonus, which will be deposited to your Business Account, the Business Account opened in connection with the offer must be open and in compliance with the terms and conditions applicable to the account at the time of such deposit. If the Business Account is closed for any reason prior to the cash bonus amount being deposited, then standard account closure fees may apply, and you will not receive the cash bonus.
- All dollar amounts referred to herein are in Canadian dollars.
- You are responsible for any tax consequences arising out of the receipt of the cash bonus.
- CIBC may receive a commission for referrals to MyCorporation in connection with this offer.
“Business Account” means any of the following accounts:
- CIBC Basic Business Operating Account
- CIBC Everyday Business Operating Account
- CIBC Advanced Business Operating Account
- CIBC Unlimited Business Operating Account
- CIBC U.S. Dollar Current Account
- CIBC Business Operating Account for Commercial/Large Corporate Clients
“Eligible Business” means a business registered in Canada or a business operating in Canada by a person who is a permanent resident of Canada.
“you” or “your” means any Eligible Business.
“we,” “us,” “our” and “CIBC” mean Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.
1 Monthly fee applies even if there is no account activity. Other fees may apply to the operation of your account. To learn more, refer to pages 6 to 12 in Business Account Service Fees (PDF, 995 KB) . Opens a new window.
2 Self-service refers to cheques written as well as transactions performed through an ATM, Point of Sale terminal, ABM-Wallet Combo Depository Service, CIBC Telephone Banking Automated Service, CIBC Business Contact Centre Automated Service, CIBC Online Banking, SmartBanking® for Business (SmartBanking), CMO, CIBC eDeposit for cash, or CIBC eDeposit for cheques.
3 Full-service refers to transactions performed in a CIBC Banking Centre, through a CIBC Telephone Banking representative, through a CIBC Business Contact Centre representative, or through the regular Wallet Depository Service.
4 Full-service access fee applies if any full-service transactions are performed in a month.
5 "Minimum balance” condition is met when the required minimum daily balance is maintained in your Business Operating Account at the end of each calendar day in the billing month. If you maintained the minimum daily balance, your statement will reflect the monthly account fee as a charge and a rebate.
6 Transactions include any debits and credits to your account (excluding CIBC interest credits and fee debits). Debits include, without limitation, withdrawals, cheques, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, Interac Direct Payments, Interac e-Transfer payments, direct deposits and transfers to other accounts. Credits include, without limitation, deposits, pre-authorized payments, bill payments, Interac Direct Payments, Interac e-Transfer payments, and direct deposits and transfers from other accounts (except transfers from CIBC business accounts). Additional charges may apply including, without limitation, Interac e-Transfer, “Items Deposited” and “Currency Supplied” fees where applicable.
7 Available through CIBC Online Banking. You will need the recipient’s email address to complete the transaction. Only a primary signing authority of a CIBC business account can use Interac e-Transfer. Interac e-Transfer is not available to clients who were issued Convenience Cards prior to 2003. Standard Interac e-Transfer service fees apply for transactions that exceed any quantities included in your account package.
8 Annual interest rate and credit limit is based on your personal credit bureau and other information at the time your application is processed. The minimum credit limit is $5,000 and the maximum credit limit is $50,000. Annual interest rate will range between CIBC Prime Rate + 1.5% and CIBC Prime Rate + 13.0%. The card’s annual interest rate is variable, meaning that it may change when CIBC’s Prime Rate changes. You can find out what CIBC Prime Rate is by calling CIBC toll-free at 1-866-525-8622 Opens your phone app..
9 Subject to credit approval. Rate and credit limit will be determined based on an assessment of application. Credit decision is based on receipt of a complete application and supporting documentation. The interest rate on variable rate loans, line of credit and Canadian dollar Business Overdraft will change whenever CIBC's Prime Rate changes. Some conditions and restrictions may apply. Personal guarantees may be required from all principals who have ownership interest.