† CIBC foreign exchange rates apply. A CIBC Global Money Transfer and a Foreign Exchange transaction counts towards your allowable transaction limit; bank account transaction fees may apply. Must have a CIBC Business Operating Account or U.S. Current Account to send a CIBC Global Money Transfer. Most transfers are completed by the next business day; some transfers require 2 to 3 business days.
Read the CIBC Global Money Transfer Agreement (PDF, 200 KB) Opens in a new window.
‡ Offer available to CIBC Business banking clients with an eligible CIBC business banking account and that have not yet tried CIBC Global Money Transfer. Use promo code GMTBB and send a GMT using online or mobile banking from your eligible account from August 1 to October 31, 2023 to receive $150 cash back within 4 to 6 weeks. Limit, one cash back offer per business. Offer may change without notice.
◊ Receive cash back of $150 from August 1 to October 31, 2023, plus up to $1,000 when you send an accumulated value of CIBC Global Money Transfer (GMT) payments from your CIBC Business Operating Accounts during the offer period.
||Accumulated value of GMT payments sent from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023
||$1,000,000 or more
1. Offer Period
The offer period is retroactive January 1, 2023 and ends on December 31, 2023.
In order to be eligible to receive the cash back, you must be a CIBC Business Banking client and meet the following conditions:
- Use CIBC Business Operating Accounts (BOAs) to send GMT payments; and
- Send GMT payments equal to or more than the accumulated amount of GMT payments indicated in the chart above during the offer period. Returned or rejected payments are excluded; and
- In order to receive the cash back, your BOAs must be open and in good standing in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to the account.
3. Additional conditions that apply
- Eligible businesses that meet all eligibility requirements will receive the amount of cash back that corresponds to the accumulated amount of sent GMT payments by your business entity, to be deposited into the primary BOA used by your business entity by no later than February 29, 2024.
- Limited to one (1) cash back per eligible business entity, regardless of the number of BOAs held by the business entity, or from which GMTs have been sent.
- This cash back offer can be combined with other CIBC cash back offers currently available, as long as the terms and conditions of those offers are met.
4. General terms and conditions
- Offer available to CIBC Business Banking clients with an eligible CIBC Business Operating Account.
- This cash back offer and these terms do not impact service fees or charges which may apply to the CIBC products. See the brochure Business Account Service Fees (PDF, 250 KB) Opens in a new window.
- CIBC foreign exchange rates apply. A CIBC Global Money Transfer (GMT) and a Foreign Exchange transaction counts towards your allowable transaction limit; bank account transaction fees my apply. Must have a CIBC Business Operating Account to send a GMT. Most transfers are completed by the next business day; some transfers require 2 to 3 business days. Read the CIBC Global Money Transfer Agreement (PDF, 195 KB) Opens in a new window.
- A GMT can be performed using CIBC Online Banking or the CIBC Mobile Banking App on any Business Operating Account that requires one signature for transactions. Clients with accounts that require two or more signatures may visit a CIBC Banking Centre.
- CIBC reserves the right to change, cancel, extend or withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
- CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it believes, in its sole discretion, is abusing or manipulating this offer.
- If the BOA is closed for any reason prior to the cash bonus amount being deposited, then standard account closure fees may apply, and you will not receive the cash bonus.
- All dollar amounts referred to herein are in Canadian dollars. Payments sent from a U.S. Dollar Current Account will be converted to the Canadian equivalent.
- You are responsible for any tax consequences arising out of the receipt of the cash back.
“Business Operating Accounts” means any of the following accounts: CIBC Basic Business Operating Account®, CIBC Everyday Business Operating Account®, CIBC Advanced Business Operating Account™, CIBC Unlimited Business Operating Account® or U.S. Dollar Current Account.
“Eligible Business” means a business registered in Canada, or a business operating in Canada by a person who is a permanent resident of Canada.
“you” or “your” means any Eligible Business “we”, “us”, “our” and “CIBC” mean Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
1 A CIBC Global Money Transfer can be performed using CIBC Online Banking or the CIBC Mobile Banking App on any account that requires one signature for transactions. Clients with accounts that require two or more signatures may visit a CIBC Banking Centre.