Open or contribute to a CIBC Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) Tax Advantage Savings Account®
Already have a CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account?
To make a contribution, have your account number handy and select "Continue."
Want to open a new CIBC TFSA Tax Advantage Savings Account?
Read this page, then select “Continue” to complete an online application. It’ll only take about 5 minutes.
To open a new account, make sure:
- You're 18 years or older and this TFSA is for your personal use Opens in a new window.
- You have your Social Insurance Number on hand
- Valid email address is required
- You have a CIBC personal bank account to use for your first contribution; if not, apply for an account online Opens in a new window. or book a meeting with us to open a TFSA Opens in a new window.
You might also need:
- If funding or contributing from a joint account, you must be able to sign account documents without requiring the other person’s signature
- An understanding of CIBC application processing times Opens in a dialog.
Trademarks and disclaimers
† Interest is calculated on the full daily closing balance and is paid monthly. The interest rates quoted are annual rates. The Regular Interest Rate may change at any time without prior notice.
Please wait, loading your information.
- Your contribution will be dated today or the next business day. However, funds may take up to 2 business days to be transferred from your deposit account to your TFSA account. Provincial holidays are considered business days when determining a contribution date. Saturday, Sunday and federal holidays are considered non-business days.
- Applications submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31 of this year will be accepted for processing as part of your TFSA contribution for this year.
Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a 9 - digit number issued by the government of Canada that is required in order to register your plan.
All printed and mailed information received from CIBC will be in the language you selected.
Note that we need your home address, not a P.O. Box number. If you wish to add a mailing address, please call 1-888-872-2422 or visit your local branch.
You must provide your current occupation to apply. In order to add or update you must select an occupation field first.
You'll find your transit number at the bottom of your cheque or in online banking.
You'll find your account number at the bottom of your cheque or in online banking.
Contribute to a TFSA that you already hold.
Your existing TFSA account number is the account that holds your TFSA certificates.