When you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or walking between meetings, you can tackle your bills with a simple phone call.
With the Telephone Banking Automated System you can:
- Register and pay bills
- Reverse a payment on the same day
- Review your payment history
- Stop payment on a cheque
- Set up post-dated bill payments
What you’ll need
- Your CIBC debit card
- A copy of the bill you want to pay
- To reverse a payment, you’ll need your reference number
- To stop payment on a cheque, you’ll need to know the type of account the payment came from, payment amount, cheque number and payee name
What you do
Enter your 3-digit Telephone Banking PIN
- First-time caller? Call 1-800-465-2422Opens your phone app, enter your CIBC debit card number and we'll help you set up your 3-digit PIN.
- Already use Telephone Banking? Enter your card number and 3-digit PIN to begin.
- To access the Bills menu, select 1, then select 2.
- To use our speech-enabled bill payment system, say “billing”, then listen to the prompts.
From the Bills menu, you can:
Pay a bill
- To pay a bill, select 1 to choose from a list of your registered bills or enter the last 3 digits of the account number on the bill. Follow the prompts to pay from your chequing or savings account. Enter the amount of the bill using the star key as a decimal. Confirm the amount.
Register a bill
- To register a bill, select 3 from the Bills menu, then select 1 to add the bill. You’ll be prompted to say the bill name and account number. Our speech-enabled system will repeat your information back to you for confirmation.
Make a same-day bill payment reversal
- To make a same-day bill payment reversal, before 9pm ET, select 2 from the Bills menu. Select 2 again. You’ll be asked to enter the reference number for the bill payment you want to cancel. If you don’t have the reference number handy, the system will give you a list of bills that are eligible for a payment reversal.
Review your bill payment history
- To review your bill payment history, select 2 from the Bills menu, then select 1. Select which account you’d like to review.
Stop payment on a cheque
- To stop payment on a cheque, select 1 from the main menu, then 5, then 3.
- You’ll need to know the type of account the payment came from, the exact amount of the payment, the cheque number and payee name.
Set up post-dated bill payments
- To set up post-dated bill payments, select “Post-Dated Bill Payment” from the Bills menu. Enter the account number of the registered bill you want to pay, when you want the payments to begin and the number of payments you want to make.