About the CIBC Variable Rate GIC
This is a 1-year term GIC. The annual interest rate is linked to the CIBC Prime Rate, which means when the CIBC Prime Rate goes up, you earn more interest.
Your annual interest rate automatically adjusts one day after the CIBC Prime Rate changes.
Access to principal
You can access your money at any time. Prior to maturity, there is a minimum withdrawal amount based on your original investment.
- The interest rate is linked to the CIBC Current Prime Rate and will change one day after the CIBC Prime Rate changes
- Simple interest is paid at maturity
- Larger balances are generally rewarded with higher interest rates
- In the event of early withdrawal, full interest earned is paid after only 30 days
- If you withdraw funds within the first 30 days, no interest is paid
Is it for you?
The CIBC Variable Rate GIC could be for you if:
- Interest rates go up and you want to automatically take advantage of them
- You want to invest your money into something secure
- You want the flexibility to withdraw funds at any time, with full interest paid after 30 days
- Principal and interest can be automatically renewed or deposited into your bank account
- This GIC is issued by CIBC and qualifies as collateral for loans