About the CIBC Easybuilder GIC™
Your initial investment is divided equally into 5 portions and invested in 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5-year terms of the CIBC EasyBuilder GIC. As each GIC matures, the proceeds are automatically reinvested into a 5-year CIBC EasyBuilder GIC, allowing you to benefit from the higher rates that longer-term GICs typically offer. The CIBC EasyBuilder GIC offers added protection from interest rate fluctuations, and provides convenient access to one-fifth of your investment each year.
$2,500 ($500 for each of the 5 terms)
From 1 to 5 years with automatic reinvestment of each term into a 5-year term (unless another option is selected prior to maturity)
Access to principal
Each year, 20% of your initial investment matures and can be redeemed.
Two interest payment options are available:
- Simple interest: paid annually
- Compound interest: compounded annually and paid at maturity
Is it for you?
The CIBC EasyBuilder GIC could be for you if any of the following apply:
- You want a guaranteed return and 100% protection of your investment.
- You want a managed GIC solution that helps you maximize returns.
- You want the option to access a portion of your funds each year.
- You want to limit your exposure to interest rate fluctuations
- You have a longer-term investment plan.
Interested in an RRSP, RRIF, or LIF GIC?
A laddering strategy can be implemented using other CIBC RRSP GICs and RRIF GICs. Talk to your CIBC advisor for more information.