Accessibility Quick Links
What to do in an emergency
In an emergency, call Allianz Global Assistance
Travel assistance is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
From Canada or the U.S., call 1-800-281-9109 Opens your phone app..
From all other locations, call collect 1-416-340-6524 Opens your phone app..
An agent will refer you to the nearest available medical facility, arrange billing on your behalf whenever possible, and give you important information about the claims process.
In a serious medical emergency, get to a hospital. Have a family member or friend call on your behalf once you’re at the facility and within 24 hours of admission.
You must notify Allianz Global Assistance:
- Prior to receiving any medical treatment
- If you must cancel, interrupt or delay your trip
- If you experience any emergency
Failure to notify Allianz Global Assistance will delay the processing and payment of your claim and may limit the amount of your claim payment.
Please note, your purchased travel insurance is separate from the coverage included with your CIBC credit card.
Learn more about the travel coverage included with your CIBC credit card Opens in a new window.
Visit the Allianz Global Assistance Claims Portal Opens in a new window.
- The online Claims Portal offers a smoother, more efficient experience while keeping you informed of what’s happening at each stage of your claims journey.
- Have a copy of your Certificate of Insurance handy when submitting your claims online. If you don’t have your Certificate of Insurance, call Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-281-9109 Opens your phone app..
- If your coverage includes non-medical benefits, such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Lost or Delayed Luggage, you can submit your claim online for faster processing through Allianz Global Assistance’s secure Claims Portal Opens in a new window..
- You can also submit claims for out-of-pocket expenses for emergency medical treatment through the Claims Portal, or by calling Allianz Global Assistance for a claim form.
Obtain a claim form
- Obtain a claim form within 30 days of occurrence by calling Allianz Global Assistance.
- Complete the claim form in writing, or by using the fillable PDF format.
- Send your completed form to the mailing address or email provided in the form, along with any required documentation listed in your Certificate of Insurance or your claim form.
- Submit your completed claim form within 90 days of the date the service was provided or the emergency situation occurred.
- All claims must be reported within 30 days of occurrence.
For more detail about claims, refer to the sample Certificate of Insurance (CIBC Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan) (PDF, 475 KB) Opens in a new window.
You can receive Virtual Care!
- Virtual Care is a service provided by Allianz Global Assistance that offers tele-medicine support such as “Tele-Advice” and “Tele-Consultations” from qualified medical doctors (MDs) anywhere in the world. The service is provided in real time via video conference through your computer, phone or internet-accessible device.
- This convenient service can help you receive non-emergency care based on your specific needs and symptoms. For example, you can receive care for an insect bite that is not serious or mild headache that may be related to jetlag.
- Tele-Advice includes an initial consultation and advice from an MD, accessed through a web-based link provided by Allianz via email.
- Tele-Consultation provides consultation with an MD that may also include confirmation of a diagnosis and issuance of a prescription that you can access via a downloadable application.
- Please note that Virtual Care is an optional service offered by Allianz’s claims services.
CIBC earns compensation from the insurer for the promotion of CIBC Travel Insurance plans.
CIBC Travel Insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. Allianz Global Assistance provides CIBC travel assistance and claims services in respect of all insurance coverage under CIBC Travel Insurance plans.
AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd. operating as Allianz Global Assistance
4273 King Street East
519-742-2800 Opens your phone app.
CIBC Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by Co-operators Life Insurance Company, which covers accident and sickness benefits, and The Sovereign General Insurance Company, which covers property and casualty benefits.
Co-operators Life Insurance Company
1920 College Avenue
1-800-454-8061 Opens your phone app.
The Sovereign General Insurance Company
140 – 6700 Macleod Trail South East
1-800-510-0354 Opens your phone app.
More information about CIBC Insurance
CIBC Travel Insurance is licensed to sell damage insurance (broker) and insurance of person.
CIBC is registered with the Autorité des marches financiers (AMF) under 600575. Verify CIBC on AMF’s site Opens in a new window.
Are we not meeting all of your expectations? Follow Allianz’s complaint process Opens in a new window.
Terms and conditions
CIBC Travel Insurance is subject to eligibility conditions, limitations and exclusions, including pre-existing medical condition exclusions, which are contained in the Certificate of Insurance you receive following enrolment.1 Before applying, you can review a sample copy of the current Certificate of Insurance (CIBC Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan) (PDF, 475 KB) Opens in a new window..You can also call CIBC Travel Insurance at 1-800-281-9109 Opens your phone app.. Coverage will be voidable if you fail to disclose or misrepresent any material fact or circumstance affecting coverage.
In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting.