Accessibility Quick Links
As you get ready for your trip, don’t forget to:
- Update all necessary vaccinations, if required
- Buy CIBC Travel Insurance
- Leave your contact information and itinerary with family or friends
- Determine how you will carry all necessary travel documentation, e.g. passports, visas, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Update and bring a list of important telephone numbers, including your bank, credit card centre, doctor, etc.
It is important that your home is looked after and looks occupied while you're away. Arrange for someone to:
- Care for your pet and plants
- Shovel the snow or cut the grass
- Collect your mail and other delivered items
You don’t need to tell us if you plan to use your CIBC credit or debit cards while travelling. No matter where you are, CIBC’s fraud systems monitor your account(s) for suspicious transactions.
- Keep your contact information in the “My Profile” section of Online Banking up-to-date in case we need to reach you about the security of your account.
You may want to prepare for your trip by:
- Paying bills that are due while you're away
- Buying foreign cash
- For additional travel resources, visit the CIBC Advice Centre
Interested in buying CIBC Travel Insurance?
CIBC Travel Medical Insurance is available by phoning Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-281-9109 Opens your phone app.. Or you can visit CIBC Travel Insurance.
CIBC earns compensation from the insurer for the promotion of CIBC Travel Insurance plans.
CIBC Travel Insurance is administered by Allianz Global Assistance, which is a registered business name of AZGA Service Canada Inc. Allianz Global Assistance provides CIBC travel assistance and claims services in respect of all insurance coverage under CIBC Travel Insurance plans.
AZGA Insurance Agency Canada Ltd. operating as Allianz Global Assistance
4273 King Street East
519-742-2800 Opens your phone app.
CIBC Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by Co-operators Life Insurance Company, which covers accident and sickness benefits, and The Sovereign General Insurance Company, which covers property and casualty benefits.
Co-operators Life Insurance Company
1920 College Avenue
1-800-454-8061 Opens your phone app.
The Sovereign General Insurance Company
140 – 6700 Macleod Trail South East
1-800-510-0354 Opens your phone app.
More information about CIBC Insurance
CIBC Travel Insurance is licensed to sell damage insurance (broker) and insurance of person.
CIBC is registered with the Autorité des marches financiers (AMF) under 600575. Verify CIBC on AMF’s site Opens in a new window.
Are we not meeting all of your expectations? Follow Allianz’s complaint process Opens in a new window.
Terms and conditions
CIBC Travel Insurance is subject to eligibility conditions, limitations and exclusions, including pre-existing medical condition exclusions, which are contained in the Certificate of insurance you receive following enrolment. Before applying, you can review a sample copy of the current Certificate of Insurance (CIBC Comprehensive Travel Insurance Plan) (PDF, 565 KB) Opens in a new window.
You can also call CIBC Travel Insurance at 1-800-281-9109 Opens your phone app.. Coverage will be voidable if you fail to disclose or misrepresent any material fact or circumstance affecting coverage.
The above descriptions of assistance services are general descriptions only and don’t constitute legal or insurance advice. In all cases, you should speak to an insurance advisor before acting.