CIBC US$ Personal Account
A convenient way to manage your U.S. dollars
CIBC US$ Personal Account
- Deposit and withdraw US$ funds with no need to convert between currencies
- No monthly fee
The ideal account for your U.S. dollars
What you need to know:
- Deposit or withdraw U.S. funds without having to convert between currencies
- Earn competitive interest calculated daily on the closing balance, paid monthly
- Paperless record keeping2 is included with this account
Convenient US$ banking:
- Write US dollar cheques1 to pay for purchases in Canada and the U.S.
- Withdraw U.S funds from any branch or CIBC U.S. currency bank machine
- Transfer funds between CIBC US$ Personal Accounts and your other personal CIBC bank accounts at any CIBC branch or through CIBC Online Banking®
- Pay your US$ Visa Credit Card using CIBC Online Banking or by calling CIBC Telephone Banking
Rates & Fees
|Daily Closing $ Balance||Interest Rate|
|Up to $2,999.99||%|
|$3,000 to $9,999.99||%|
|$10,000 to $24,999.99||%|
|$25,000 to $59,999.99||%|
|$60,000 and over||%|
- Withdrawals (including ABM)
- Pre-authorized payments
- Bill payments (including CIBC Credit Cards and CIBC Personal Lines of Credit)
- Debit purchases
|Sending INTERAC e-Transfer™||N/A|
|Receiving INTERAC e-Transfer||N/A|
|Non-CIBC bank machine withdrawal||N/A|
|Monthly statement||$2.00 US/month|
|Quarterly statement||$0.50 US/month|
|Interim statement||$5.00 US each|
|Bankbook record keeping||$2.00 US/month|
|Paperless record keeping2||Free|
Personal Account Service Fees (260 KB)
Find the right savings account for you
|Earn up to % interest||Earn %* interest on new deposits when your balance is $5,000 or more. Offer expires March 31, 2014.||Earn % interest on all balances||Earn % interest when your balance is $3,000 or more|
|$0.75 US per transaction||Free online transfers, $5 per transaction||$1.50 per transaction||1 free transaction1 per month, $5 for each additional transaction|
|No monthly fee||No monthly fee||No monthly fee||No monthly fee|
Experience the CIBC advantage
Extended branch hours at over 1,000 branches to better accommodate your busy schedule
One of the largest bank machine networks in Canada for quick and easy access to your money
Expert advisors are available to help you reduce your fees and make the most of your accounts with CIBC Banking Bundles4
Save on foreign exchange conversion chargesThis CIBC U.S. Dollar Visa™ Card offers:
- Regular access to credit with billing in U.S. funds
- Savings on foreign exchange conversions when paying your U.S. dollar Visa bill in U.S. funds
- The freedom to purchase items priced in U.S. funds (or any other currency) and charge them to your CIBC U.S. Dollar Visa Card
- Simplified small business transactions in the U.S.
More ways to save if you’re over 60The CIBC 60 Plus Advantage™ offers:
- 2 free transactions1 on the CIBC US$ Personal Account
- Free bank drafts and money orders
- $5 off the annual rental fee for a safety deposit box (any size, subject to availability)
- CIBC US$ Personal Account with the 60 Plus Advantage
Easier banking. Lower fees.
Savings of up to 50% on your monthly chequing account fee. That’s the genius of CIBC Banking Bundles.Learn more
Enter your question in sentence form, e.g.: How do I open a bank account?Top 10 Questions
Terms and Conditions
Products and their features may change at any time.
This is a general description only. Get complete information about fees here.
1 Non-encoded cheques can be written on US$ Personal Accounts. Transaction fee shown is for cheques written in U.S. currency only. For U.S. dollar cheques ordered prior to December 2011 if the payee of the cheque negotiates the cheque at a financial institution outside Canada, that institution may not accept the cheque or may deduct a large fee from the cheque's face value.…
2 “Paperless” record keeping is a paper-free alternative to statements and bankbooks. This option enables customers to track account activity online or by phone or CIBC bank machine. Please note, no printed statements will be sent to customers selecting this option. Customers must review their account transactions through CIBC Online Banking or CIBC Mobile Banking, CIBC Telephone Banking or CIBC bank machines at least once every 30 days and examine all entries and balances at that time. If there are any errors, omissions or irregularities, customers must notify CIBC in writing within 60 days after the date on which the entry was, or should have been, posted to the account. Banking activity that occurred prior to Online Banking registration will not be available in the Online or Mobile Banking transaction history.
3 A transaction includes cheques, withdrawals, transfers, pre-authorized payments, bill payments (including CIBC Credit Cards and CIBC Personal Lines of Credit) and debit purchases. For CIBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts, a transaction does not include online transfers to your other CIBC personal bank account(s) using the transfer function on CIBC Online Banking and CIBC Mobile Banking. Additional fee(s) apply to withdrawals from non-CIBC bank machines, INTERAC e-Transfer™ transactions and transactions in foreign currency (including cheques written in currencies other than the account currency). These fees apply to all customers, including CIBC Advantage for Youth, CIBC Advantage for Students and CIBC 60 Plus Advantage customers.
* This is a combined bonus and regular annual interest rate paid on new deposits made to a CIBC eAdvantage Savings Account (“eSA”) when the account balance is $5,000 or more. The bonus and/or regular rates may change at any time without prior notice. The regular interest rate is paid on the full daily closing balance when the balance is $5,000 or more. The bonus rate is earned only on new deposits and only on days when the new deposits result in a full daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance on October 31, 2013 (the New Balance). Bonus interest rate offer expires March 31, 2014. Interest is calculated daily on each day’s final balance and paid monthly. Interest rates are subject to change. Other conditions apply.
4 To qualify for the CIBC Banking Bundles, you need to have an eligible CIBC Mortgage or Secured Line of Credit, a CIBC Investment and either a CIBC Credit Card or Creditor Insurance.
U.S. and other foreign currency deposits are not insured by Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. For a complete listing of CDIC eligible CIBC Deposits see CDIC Deposit Insurance Information