Accessibility Quick Links
Your CIBC Costco Mastercard questions answered. If you’re new to CIBC Mobile Banking or CIBC Online Banking, use your existing Costco Mastercard credit card number to REGISTER Opens in a new window and follow the steps.Was your account transferred from Capital One®? If you have questions about your new card, visit
Reminders! Update your payee information to CIBC MASTERCARD. Also, ensure your mailing address is up-to-date so you receive your new CIBC Costco Mastercard. Learn how to update your personal information.
Add CIBC Mastercard as a payee now
To avoid missing future payments, ensure you’re making payments to CIBC for your CIBC Costco Mastercard, even if you haven’t received your new card yet.
Make sure you update your payment information by adding CIBC Mastercard as a payee through your current financial institution using the 16-digit credit card number on your current card.
- You and your authorized users automatically receive all the new CIBC benefits starting on March 4, 2022. Keep using your existing Costco Mastercard. You don’t need to reapply for a new card or wait for the new card to arrive to start enjoying all the benefits.
- Payments to your Costco Mastercard should now be made to CIBC, not Capital One. Payments made to Capital One will not be routed to CIBC after August 2022.
- Ensure seamless online payments of your credit card bill by adding CIBC MASTERCARD as a payee through your current financial institution, using your 16-digit credit card number.
- If you were enrolled in AutoPay on your previous credit card, this service ended on March 3, 2022. You can make a payment to your Costco Mastercard using CIBC Mobile Banking App or CIBC Online Banking, or by setting up CIBC Mastercard as a payee through your current financial institution.
- Set-up new recurring bill payments, including payments of pre-determined amounts to your CIBC Costco Mastercard. Learn how to schedule a recurring bill payment.
- Your new CIBC Costco Mastercard will arrive by mail before August 31, 2022.
- Activate your CIBC Costco Mastercard as soon as you receive it by following the instructions on the sticker on your card.
- When you’re shopping in a store, you must insert your card and enter your PIN on your first purchase after you activate your new CIBC Costco Mastercard. This will also enable the tap functionality on your credit card for future purchases.
- Watch for your authorized users' cards to arrive in the mail along with yours. Your authorized users' cards will need to be activated before your authorized users can start to use their CIBC Costco Mastercard. Activating your card will activate any authorized users’ cards as well. Your authorized users can also activate their own cards.
Get even more cash back at Costco and everywhere else you shop with your new CIBC Costco Mastercard
Earn even more cash back
We're excited to welcome you to CIBC. Your existing Costco Mastercard changed over to the new CIBC Costco Mastercard on March 4, 2022. Start earning even more cash back wherever Mastercard is accepted, and have access to new Mobile Device Insurance1 for your next mobile phone purchase, flexible installment payment options and more.
Annual fee and interest rates3
for primary cardholder and authorized users
Get special rates with CIBC Pace ItTM,5 Installment Plans on Costco purchases
for 6 months
for 12 months
for 24 months
Pay anywhere, anytime with your phone
Make quick and secure purchases using Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay® when you add your new card to your mobile wallet.
When you add your Costco Mastercard to your mobile wallet, your card will appear as the CIBC Costco Mastercard even if you haven’t received your physical card yet. Your physical card will arrive before August 31, 2022.
Get on-the-go access to your annual cash back gift certificate
Starting in January 2023, easily redeem your Costco cash back gift certificate digitally at any Canadian Costco warehouse using the CIBC Mobile Banking® App. Or print your gift certificate through
CIBC Online Banking® Opens in a new window..
Send money abroad
Get 0.25% cash back for every $1 spent on a CIBC Global Money Transfer™.† There are no transaction fees and you won’t be charged interest, as long as you pay your balance by the payment due date.6, 7
Valuable insurance included with your new card
Mobile Device Insurance1
Repair or replacement coverage up to $1,000 for your personal mobile device such as your cell phone, smartphone or tablet in the event of loss, theft or accidental damage (drops, cracks or spills) for up to two years following your new mobile phone purchase.
Purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance1
Enjoy added security and protection on your new purchases. Your CIBC Costco credit card comes with Purchase Security Insurance. Plus, with Extended Warranty Insurance, you can extend the period of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year on most new purchases.
Optional creditor insurance for your card
Help keep your finances on track by reducing the burden of your credit card payments if you’re unable to work due to disability, job loss, critical illness or in the event you pass away.8
Learn more about CIBC Payment Protector Insurance for Credit Cards.
Carry fewer cards. Your credit card continues to serve as your Costco membership card9.
Elevate your experience with the CIBC Costco®† World Mastercard®, featuring even more special offers Opens in a new window. .
Access helpful tools with CIBC Digital Banking
If you’re new to CIBC Mobile Banking or CIBC Online Banking, use your existing Costco Mastercard credit card number to registerOpens in a new window. and follow the steps on the screen. You’ll then be able to view your balance and transactions, pay your credit card bill and register for security alerts11 and payment reminders.
If you were previously receiving online statements from Capital One, you'll have access to CIBC eStatements through CIBC Online Banking. In order to receive your eStatements, simply register for CIBC Online Banking Opens in a new window., starting March 7, 2022. If you received paper statements from Capital One, you'll continue to receive paper statements from CIBC. You'll be able to change to paperless once you enrol for CIBC Online Banking.
Once enrolled, update your alert preferences, such as minimum payment reminders, through CIBC Mobile Banking or CIBC Online Banking.
Looking for more information?