Mortgage Resource Centre
Whatever your mortgage needs, the CIBC Mortgage Resource Centre has the information that can help. Select from the list of topics below to read more about how to make the most of your new or existing mortgage.
Purchasing a Home
- Mortgage Affordability 101: How Much Can I Afford
- Start Saving For Your Down Payment
- How Much Do You Need For a Down Payment
- Rent vs Own
- Making The Offer
- Will You Need To Pay Any Additional Costs?
- Learn Important Mortgage Basics as You Prepare to Buy a New Home
- What To Be Aware Of When Purchasing Your Home
- Financing Your Next Home
- Buying a Second Property
- Finalizing Your Mortgage
- What Should You Look For In a Home
Using Your Home Equity
- Renovating Your Home
- Use Your Home Equity To Secure A Lower Interest Rate And Save
- Mortgage Refinancing and Home Equity
- Debt Consolidation Mortgages and Home Equity Loans and Lines of Credit
Managing Your Mortgage
- Information on Mortgage Prepayment
- Flexible Mortgage Payment Options
- Pay Your Mortgage Down Faster
- Transferring Your Mortgage To CIBC
- Mortgage Renewal: How Does It Work?
More About Mortgages
- Qualify For a Mortgage: Pre-approval
- Mortgage Principal, Interest & Other Parts of Mortgage Payments
- Check Your Credit History
- What is a Fixed-Rate Mortgage?
- What is a Variable-Rate Mortgage?
- What is a High-ratio Mortgage?
- What is a Qualifying Rate?
- Debt Ratios
For more information about mortgages and prepaying your mortgage, visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) website. The site has information that can help you gain a better understanding of the factors to consider when entering into a new mortgage or renegotiating/renewing an existing mortgage.