Wire or Cable Transfer
Full service banking with a personal touch.
Need to find a CIBC Branch?
Use our Locator
Wire and cable transfers* are available in many currencies and can also be made through a branch representative. For a wire or cable transfer, you need:
- The international bank account number (IBAN) (for Europe)
- The bank identifier code (BIC) or the SWIFT code
- A CLABE number (for Mexico)
- Complete contact information for the recipient, including a full address
- Any specific details that the receiving institution may require or have requested
*Proceeds of recently deposited items may not be immediately available to cash or wire and may be subject to CIBC's Hold Funds Policy.
For details, or if you need assistance, you can see step by step instructions on how to make a Wire or Cable Transfer.