1. Introduction: These terms and conditions (“Agreement”) are a legal agreement between you and CIBC that governs your access to and use of the Paymi App provided by Integrated Rewards, Inc. (“Paymi”) with your CIBC credit, debit and prepaid cards (“Card”). It is important that You read and understand this Agreement because you will indicate your acceptance of this Agreement when registering your Card in the Paymi App or enrolling in the Merchant Rewards Program offered by Paymi.
2. Other Agreements
Cardholder Agreement: Use of your Card with the Paymi App is governed by your Cardholder Agreement for CIBC credit cards and your Banking Service Agreement for CIBC debit cards (collectively, “Card Agreement”). Your use of your Card number and passwords in connection with registration of your Card in the Paymi App is subject to the Cardholder Agreement. You understand and agree that all of the terms and conditions of your Card Agreement, as applicable, form part of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and the applicable Cardholder Agreement, this Agreement will govern to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
Paymi Terms and Conditions: Paymi is the provider of the Paymi App and the Merchant Rewards Program. Your use of the Paymi App and your rights and obligations under the Merchant Rewards Program are governed by the Paymi Terms and ConditionsOpens a new window in your browser..
Upon registration, your Card, as well as all other debit and credit cards that are associated with your CIBC account, including cards held by authorized users or joint account holders of the account (collectively, “Linked Cards”) will be linked to your Paymi account for the purposes set out in the following Section.
3. Registering for Paymi: CIBC provides a secure registration portal for registration of your Card with Paymi and enrollment in the Merchant Rewards Program (“CIBC Secure Portal”). In order to register, you will be required to provide your Card number and mobile or online banking password to CIBC. CIBC does not disclose your Card number or your password to Paymi.
4. Sharing of Client Information and Transaction Information with Paymi: Once registration is completed with Paymi via the CIBC Secure Portal and enrollment in the Merchant Rewards Program, you consent to CIBC sharing the following user information (“User Information”) with Paymi in order to permit Paymi to create your Paymi profile for each Card registered and to administer your Merchant Rewards Program account:
- Your First Name, Last Name, Year of Birth, Postal Code, Email, Gender and Cross-reference ID
- First 4 digits of each Linked Card number, Last 4 digits of each Linked Card number
Cross-reference ID is a reference number that is shared between CIBC and Paymi and reasonably used for the purposes of: (i) identifying you; (ii) qualifying you for relevant offers or providing benefits and privileges to you under the Merchant Rewards Program. This number does not contain any of your personal information.
In addition, you consent to CIBC sharing the following transaction information (“Transaction Information”) for all Linked Cards with Paymi in order to permit Paymi to provide benefits to you under the Merchant Reward Program, including to provide targeted marketing offers and merchant offers based on your Transaction Information:
- Transaction history for the 90 days prior to registration of your Card with Paymi (Transaction ID, Description, Merchant Name (or ID), Posted Date, Transaction Date, Category Name, Transaction Amount, Transaction Currency, Transaction Status, Cross- reference ID, Account Name, Account Number (last 4 digits), Bank Name, Transaction Type (debit or credit)
- From and after the date of registration, daily transaction information (Transaction ID, Description, Merchant Name (or ID), Posted Date, Transaction Date, Category Name, Transaction Amount, Transaction Currency, Transaction Status, Cross- reference ID, Account Name, Account Number (last 4 digits), Bank Name, Transaction Type (debit or credit)
Paymi may combine your User Information and your Transaction Information with other information Paymi may have about you to make relevant offers or provide benefits and privileges to you under the Merchant Rewards Program.
If you no longer wish to share this information, you can de-register your profile from the Paymi application and deleting the app, however, you will not be able to participate in the Merchant Rewards Program. All of your User Information and Transaction Information will be deleted within 30 days of de-registration except for an anonymized user ID, any offer related transactions, rewards issued and rewards redeemed. This information will be used for accounting, government tax reporting or merchant reward reconciliation.
a. We may change any of the terms of this Agreement at any time with or without prior notice unless advance notice is required by law. CIBC may notify you of such changes by sending you a notice (written or electronic), posting a notice in CIBC banking centres, displaying a notice on or near CIBC ATMs or by posting a notice on the website listed on the back of your Card. We will send any written notice to the most recent mailing address you provide to us. If you use or activate a Card subject to this Agreement, it will mean you have accepted the change.
b. You will promptly advise us of any changes to your personal information.
6. Termination of this Agreement: We may terminate or suspend this Agreement at any time without notifying you in advance if we suspect your Card is being fraudulently used or for any other reason.
7. No Warranty and Exclusion of Liability: For the purposes of this Section, “CIBC” means CIBC and its agents, contractors, distributors, channel partners and associated service providers, and each of their subsidiaries. All of the parties listed in the preceding sentence are third-party beneficiaries of this Section. The provisions set out in this Section shall survive termination of this Agreement.
The Paymi App and the Merchant Rewards Program are provided by Paymi and CIBC is not responsible for their use, function, features or benefits. You acknowledge and agree that CIBC makes no representations, warranties or conditions relating to the Paymi App or the Merchant Rewards Program of any kind, and in particular: (a) CIBC does not warrant the operability or functionality of the Paymi App; (b) CIBC does not warrant that you any particular merchant will be a participating merchant in the Merchant Rewards Program; and (c) CIBC does not warrant that the Paymi App or the Merchant Rewards Program will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Paymi App will be uninterrupted or error-free.
CIBC will have no liability whatsoever in relation to the Paymi App or the Merchant Rewards Program, including the features and benefits offered by Paymi under the Merchant Rewards Program, or any loss, injury or inconvenience you suffer as a result of your use of the Paymi App or the Merchant Rewards Program.
8. Contacting Us: You may contact us about anything concerning this Agreement by calling 1-844-255-0820. If you have any questions, disputes or complaints about the Paymi App or the Merchant Rewards Program, you should contact Paymi at email@example.com.
Paymi is owned and operated by Integrated Rewards Inc.
® Interac e-Transfer is a registered trade-mark of Interac Corp. Used under licence.