Required information for credit card application
In order to complete a credit card application, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Full legal name and date of birth
- Home address, phone number and email address
- Current and previous employers
- Gross annual income
- Social Insurance Number (optional)
- Information on other credit cards you hold
Note that missing information could delay the approval process or result in a denial. If you’re unsure of how to answer a question, you can call CIBC customer care at 1-800-465-4653.
Selecting the right card for your needs
Find the right Credit Card to meet your needs. CIBC offers an array of cards with different benefits. Choose from travel rewards cards, retail rewards, cash back cards, student cards, and everyday use cards. Let CIBC help you choose a credit card that best suits you.
How to apply for a credit card
You can apply for a credit card in one of 3 ways:
- Online: Once you’ve found the credit card you would like to apply for, select the “Apply Now” button to start the application process.
- Over the phone: You can also choose to complete your credit card application over the phone by calling a CIBC customer care representative at 1-800-465-4653.
- In person: If you would prefer to have someone walk you through the application, you can always go to a local CIBC branch.