An INTERAC e-Transfer allows you to send money to and receive money from many other financial institutions within Canada. The money you transfer is sent quickly and securely between accounts using existing CIBC electronic payment networks.
In order to send a transfer using your CIBC accounts, you must register for the service within CIBC Online Banking and know the recipient's name and e-mail address. Almost anyone with an e-mail address and a Canadian dollar bank account at a Canadian financial institution can receive a transfer.
For details, or if you need assistance, you can see step by step instructions on how to make an INTERAC e-Transfer online.
- Network fee for sending an INTERAC e-Transfer - $1.50
- The usual withdrawal transaction fee associated with the CIBC account (if any) is additional.
- Receiving an INTERAC e-Transfer using CIBC Online Banking - FREE
- Reclaiming an INTERAC e-Transfer using CIBC Online Banking1 - FREE
- Stop payment on an INTERAC e-Transfer - $3.50
- Other participating financial institutions and Certapay (the provider of the INTERAC e-Transfer service) may charge fees to senders and recipients
1 Each INTERAC e-Transfer expires after 30 days if not collected by the recipient. At this point the sender will receive an e-mail with an enclosed link. To reclaim the INTERAC e-Transfer, the sender clicks on the link and selects "reclaim". The funds are then deposited back into the sender's originating account. If an INTERAC e-Transfer is reclaimed, CIBC will waive the network fee and the withdrawal transaction fee (if any) on the next INTERAC e-Transfer sent, if sent during the same calendar month as the reclaim.
®, TM2 : INTERAC and INTERAC e-Transfer are trademarks of INTERAC Inc.; CIBC authorized user of the marks.