to Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App.
This will take you to the Send Money page.
Or follow the directions to add a new contact.
Note: A contact must have access to online or mobile banking at a Canadian financial institution.
Enter the amount you want to send, select the account you’d like to transfer money from and enter an optional message. Select “Next.”
Enter a security question with an answer that only you and your contact know. Enter the answer.
Follow these easy tips and protect yourself from fraud
- Create difficult and unique security questions that only you and the recipient will know.
- Only share the security question answer with the recipient over a secure method of communication, like over the phone.
- Include the security answer in your question.
- Share your security question answer over email, text or social media.
- Reuse the same security question answer for multiple recipients.
Note: If your contact is registered for Autodeposit from Interac e-Transfer, you won’t be asked to enter a question and answer.
Your contact will receive a notification and can claim the money within 30 days.1