This program is for you if you want:
- An easier time qualifying for mortgage financing if you’re self-employed as you don’t have to prove your income1 so long as you have 35% equity (or 10% equity for a high-ratio mortgage2)
- A streamlined mortgage approval process which doesn’t require any detailed financial statements or income verification1, meaning less paperwork and hassle
- Your approval to be based on your personal credit history, not your business history
- A number of choices in terms of mortgage products, allowing you to find the one that best suits your needs
- A mortgage that is available across Canada3, on residential single-family, owner-occupied properties and in a conventional (uninsured) or high-ratio (insured) form
Other Mortgage Details:
- Payment frequency options of weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly
- Minimum mortgage amount is $10,000
Mortgage Disability Insurance
In the event that you are completely unable to work due to an unexpected disability, help protect your family's home with CIBC Mortgage Disability Insurance+ provided by The Canada Life Assurance Company (Canada Life).
Mortgage Disability Insurance Plus (includes job loss coverage)
In the event that you are completely unable to work due to an unexpected disability or you involuntarily lose your job through no fault of your own, help protect your family's home with CIBC Mortgage Disability Insurance Plus+ provided by The Canada Life Assurance Company (Canada Life).
Mortgage Life Insurance
In the event of death, help protect your family's home with Creditor Life Insurance for CIBC Mortgages+ provided by The Canada Life Assurance Company (Canada Life).
Trademarks and Disclaimers
Mortgages are offered by CIBC Mortgages Inc. on residential properties only. Mortgage applicants must meet CIBC lending criteria. Some conditions and restrictions apply.
Rates may change without notice.
1 No proof of income is required when all income is from the business and the self-employed applicant has been a principal owner of the same business for at least 2 consecutive years. Conditions and restrictions apply
2 High-ratio mortgages (for financing over 65% and up to 90%) require default insurance through Genworth Financial Canada/CMHC. An application fee and insurance premiums apply. Available on fixed-rate mortgages only.
3 Some provincial restrictions apply on type of mortgage products available with program.
+ Creditor Life Insurance for CIBC Mortgages, CIBC Mortgage Disability Insurance, and CIBC Mortgage Disability Insurance Plus are creditor's group insurance and are underwritten by The Canada Life Assurance Company, and are administered by Canada Life and CMI and CIBC. Some limitations and exclusions apply. A detailed summary of the terms, conditions, benefits, limitations, exclusions and other provisions are contained in your Certificate of Insurance, which you receive upon enrolment.
® Registered trademark of CIBC.