Get our best mortgage rates
Fixed Rate Mortgages
A fixed interest rate remains the same throughout the entire term. Your payment remains constant so you know exactly how much you will pay every month and what amount you will have paid off at the end of the term.
A fixed rate mortgage is ideal for people who:
- Are first-time home buyers
- Want the security of a fixed rate
- Think interest rates will rise during the term of their mortgage
- Want to know exactly how quickly they will pay down their mortgage
See all Fixed Rated Mortgages
CIBC Fixed Rate
Variable Rate Mortgages
A variable interest rate will fluctuate with the CIBC Prime rate throughout the mortgage term. This impacts the amount of principal that you pay off each month as your mortgage payment will remain constant for the whole term.
A variable rate mortgage is ideal for people who:
- Are financially savvy
- Want the potential to save on interest payments if rates go down
- Think mortgage rates will stay the same or go down during the term of their mortgage
- Are flexible in how long it takes to pay off their mortgage
See all Variable Rate Mortgages
Calculate your monthly mortgage payment
Need help with your mortgage questions?
Your CIBC Mortgage Advisor is your trusted guide to homeownership. From deciding whether you are ready to buy a home, to choosing your best mortgage option, to figuring out all the paperwork, our experts in mortgage financing can help answer all your questions. Need flexibility and security? No problem. Our Mobile Mortgage Advisors will meet with you where and when you want, and lock in your rate while you shop for your home.Request a Call or Appointment : Request a Call or Appointment
Terms and Conditions
1 APR of is calculated on a $275,000 mortgage, 25-year amortization and assuming a property valuation fee of $250. Mortgage must fund within 120 days of application date. All applicants must meet the CIBC lending criteria. Rate is subject to change or be withdrawn without notice at any time. Other conditions and restrictions apply.
2 Contest available only on mortgages of $75,000 or more, subject to credit approval. Mortgage must fund by April 30, 2016.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest open November 1, 2015 – February 29, 2016 to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Three (3) prizes available: one (1) voucher for a $25,000 CAD payment towards one (1) qualifying CIBC mortgage account each. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Math skill test required. Rules: cibc.com/mortgagecontest.
3 Rate as of .
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is based on a new $275,000 mortgage for the applicable term and a 25-year amortization assuming a Property Valuation Fee of $250. Rates shown for the applicable term are CIBC’s special discounted rates and are not posted rates of CIBC. Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time, without notice.
APR means the cost of borrowing for a loan expressed as an interest rate. It includes all interest and non-interest charges associated with the mortgage. If there are no non-interest charges, the annual interest rate and APR will be the same.