Accessibility Quick Links
CIBC Short-Term GIC
The CIBC Short-Term GIC is a safe place to park your money for a short period of time, while enjoying a guaranteed rate of interest and fully-protected principal. With a CIBC Short-Term GIC, you deposit money for a set period of 30 to 364 days at a fixed rate of interest. The longer your term, the higher the rate you generally earn.
Is this GIC right for your business?
The CIBC Short-Term GIC could be right for your business if any of the following apply:
- You want a secure investment with guaranteed returns
- You need to park your money for a short period of time, perhaps before making a major purchase or investment decision
- You will not need access to your money before the GIC matures
- Setting up a combination of 30-, 60- or 90-day Short Term GICs can add liquidity to your portfolio
- Principal and interest can be automatically renewed or deposited into your bank account
- This GIC is issued by CIBC and qualifies as collateral for loans
Know how to Start Strong
Kick-start your new business with planning ideas and expert guidance from the CIBC Start Strong Program for Business.
Interested in a CIBC Short-Term GIC?
Visit your local CIBC Banking CentreOpens a new window in your browser and talk to a business advisor.
Telephone Banking: 1-800-465-2422 Opens your phone app. | Contact us