Accessibility Quick Links
CIBC Redeemable GIC
The CIBC Redeemable GIC guarantees your principal and interest, while giving you the option to cash out at any time.
With the CIBC Redeemable GIC, you deposit money with us for 1 day to 7 years*, and earn a guaranteed rate of interest. At the end of the term, we return the full amount of your deposit - guaranteed - plus interest. If you decide you need your money back sooner, you have the option to withdraw your funds any time, at specified early redemption rates.
Is this GIC right for your business?
The CIBC Redeemable GIC could be right for your business if any of the following apply:
- You want the option to withdraw your funds at any time
- You want a secure investment
- Larger balances are generally rewarded with higher interest rates
- For terms of less than 1 year, simple interest is paid at maturity
- For terms of 1 year or more, simple interest is paid when you select the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual interest payment option; or, compound interest is calculated annually and paid at maturity
- If you need access to some but not all of your funds, consider placing some money in a Redeemable GIC, and the rest in a Long-Term GIC
- Other GICs offering early access to cash include the CIBC Flexible GIC or CIBC Cashable Escalating Rate GIC
- This GIC is issued by CIBC and qualifies as collateral for loans
Know how to Start Strong
Kick-start your new business with planning ideas and expert guidance from the CIBC Start Strong Program for Business.
Interested in a CIBC Redeemable GIC?
Visit your local CIBC Banking CentreOpens a new window in your browser and talk to a business advisor.
Telephone Banking: 1-800-465-2422 Opens your phone app. | Contact us