◊◊ NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 to legal residents of Canada who are sixteen (16) years of age or older and are current students of an accredited Canadian university, college or secondary school. One Grand Prize available to be won consisting of:
- 1 cheque for $8,750 made payable to the winner;
- 1 1-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name;
- 1 2-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name; and
- 1 3-year GIC for $8,750 opened in the winner’s name.
Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Math skill test required. Read full contest rules (PDF, 170 KB) Opens in a new window..
Winner will be picked January 9, 2023. Check full rules for other ways to enter.
* Borrow up to $350,000 depending on your field of study. Recommended limit guidelines are based on professional programs offered through Canadian post-secondary institutions. Approval is subject to applicants meeting CIBC’s normal lending criteria. Credit limit is determined by CIBC, in its sole discretion. Part-time students are eligible for reduced credit limits determined by CIBC. A qualified guarantor may be required. Ongoing access to your Professional Edge® Student Line of Credit and annual credit limit increases (if applicable) are subject to proof of enrolment, a continued good payment history and credit record and a satisfactory cash flow analysis, determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Products and their features may change at any time. The rate is applicable to accredited Canadian medical schools only.
† CIBC Prime Rate is RDS%rate.PRIME.Published(null,null,null,null)(#O2#)% on RDS%SYSTEM_DATE(#M# #d#, #Y#)%. Refer to the current CIBC Prime Rate. CIBC Prime Rate is the variable rate of interest per year declared from time to time to be the prime rate for Canadian dollar loans made by CIBC in Canada. The interest rate on your line of credit will change whenever CIBC Prime varies or whenever we change your variable interest rate in CIBC’s sole discretion.
‡ To be eligible for a free SPC membership, you must hold an eligible CIBC product at the time you register for the membership, which you must do through CIBC online or mobile banking. Eligible CIBC products include a CIBC Youth or Student bank account, Student credit card or Student line of credit. A complete list of eligible CIBC products can be found at SPC and CIBC. Joint account holders of eligible CIBC products are not eligible for membership. You must also be a legal resident of Canada who is fourteen (14) years of age or over, but under the age of thirty (30) years if the eligible CIBC product you use to qualify for the membership is a student line of credit. The membership will automatically renew and remain in effect for as long as you hold an eligible CIBC product.
Trade-mark/registered trade-mark of Student Price Card Ltd.
1 If you leave your program without graduating, your CIBC Professional Edge® Student Line of Credit will automatically convert to a CIBC Personal Loan with set principal and interest payments.
2 Up 24 months after graduation from an accredited Canadian medical, dental or optometry school, or up to 12 months after graduation, residency or articling from other qualified CIBC Professional Edge studies.