CIBC's Sourcing organization is actively involved in the evaluation, negotiation and structuring of supplier arrangements both before and after a contract is awarded.
Supplier evaluation and selection criteria are carefully tailored to reflect specific business requirements. The particular requirements and desired attributes of suppliers are detailed whenever we request supplier proposals.
Evaluation and selection criteria may include the following, along with criteria specific to the needs of the CIBC line of business:
- Experience and capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to meet the defined business objectives/requirements
- Business compatibility
- Financial stability and insurance coverage
- Privacy and security policies and standard practices to reduce risk
- Ethical standards, equal opportunity and non-discriminatory policies and practices
- Demonstrated ability to support CIBC's commitment to being an environmentally responsible organization