Our Strategic Business Units
Canadian Personal and Business Banking
Canadian Personal and Business Banking provides clients across Canada with financial advice, products and services through a team in our banking centres, as well as through our direct, mobile and remote channels.
Our goal is to build a modern consumer and business relationship bank to help our clients achieve their ambitions by focusing on 3 key strategic priorities:
- Winning at relationships
- Delivering market-leading solutions
- Being easy to bank with
Canadian Commercial Banking and Wealth Management
Canadian Commercial Banking and Wealth Management provides high-touch, relationship-oriented banking and wealth management services to middle-market companies, entrepreneurs, high-net-worth individuals and families across Canada. We also provide asset management services to institutional investors.
We are focused on building and enhancing client relationships, being Canada’s leader in financial advice and generating long-term, consistent growth. To deliver on this, our 3 strategic priorities are:
- Scaling commercial banking
- Increasing agility and efficiency in wealth management
- Deepening client relationships across our bank
U.S. Commercial Banking and Wealth Management
U.S. Commercial Banking and Wealth Management provides high-touch, relationship-oriented commercial, personal and business banking, as well as wealth management services to meet the needs of middle-market companies, executives, entrepreneurs, high-net-worth individuals and families in the U.S. markets we serve
Our goal is to build the best-in-class commercial and wealth management bank for our chosen client segments and markets with a focus on developing deep, profitable relationships leveraging the full complement of CIBC’s products and services across our North American platform. To deliver on this, our three key strategic priorities are:
- Growing organically by adding and deepening our client relationships and selectively entering additional markets and specialty businesses
- Continuing to build a strong U.S. operating platform by investing appropriately in our growth
- Maintaining our risk discipline through selective evaluation of new opportunities, portfolio diversification, and quality of funding sources
Capital Markets provides integrated global markets with products and services, investment banking advisory and execution, corporate banking solutions, and top-ranked research to corporate, government and institutional clients around the world.
Our goal is to be the leading capital markets franchise for our core clients in Canada and the lead relationship bank for our key clients globally by delivering best-in-class insight, advice and execution. To enable CIBC’s strategy and priorities, we collaborate with our partners across our bank to deepen and enhance client relationships. To deliver on our goal, our three key strategic priorities are:
- Being the leading capital markets platform in Canada for our core clients
- Building a North American client platform with global capabilities
- Increasing connectivity across CIBC to deliver better service for clients