Our strategic business units
Canadian Personal and Business Banking
Canadian Personal and Business Banking provides personal and business clients across Canada with financial advice, products and services through CIBC Banking Centres, as well as through direct, mobile and remote channels.
Our goal is to build a modern consumer and small-business relationship bank to help our clients by focusing on 3 key strategic priorities:
- Winning at relationships
- Delivering market-leading solutions
- Being easy to bank with
Canadian Commercial Banking and Wealth Management
Canadian Commercial Banking and Wealth Management provides high-touch, relationship-oriented banking and wealth management services to middle-market companies, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals and families across Canada, as well as asset management services to institutional investors.
We’re focused on building and enhancing client relationships, being Canada’s leader in financial advice and generating long-term consistent growth. To deliver on this, our 3 key strategic priorities are:
- Delivering and deepening client relationships through a full-service, solutions-based approach that includes commercial and private banking, as well as wealth management services
- Continuing to invest in financial planning to further our role as a leader in financial advice
- Simplifying and optimizing our business to align with changing market dynamics to better meet the needs of our clients
U.S. Commercial Banking and Wealth Management
U.S. Commercial Banking and Wealth Management delivers commercial banking and private wealth services across the U.S., as well as personal and small-business banking services in 4 U.S. midwestern markets, and focuses on middle-market and mid-corporate companies and high-net-worth families.
Our focus is developing deep, profitable relationships leveraging the full complement of CIBC’s products and services across our North American platform. To deliver on this, our 3 key strategic priorities are:
- Adding new client relationships in commercial banking and wealth management while maintaining our focus on asset quality as well as loan and deposit portfolio diversification
- Expanding relationships with existing clients by leveraging cross-border and cross-business capabilities
- Investing appropriately in the growth of our business while managing expenses
Capital Markets provides integrated global markets products and services, investment banking advisory and execution, corporate banking solutions, and top-ranked research to corporate, commercial, government and institutional clients around the world.
Our goal is to deliver leading capital markets solutions to our North American and international clients by providing best-in-class insight, advice and execution. To enable CIBC’s strategy and priorities, we collaborate with our partners across our bank to deepen and enhance client relationships. Our 3 key strategic priorities are:
- Being the leading capital-markets platform in Canada for our core clients
- Building a North American client platform with global capabilities
- Increasing connectivity across CIBC to deliver greater value and a better experience for our clients