At CIBC, we are in business to help our clients, employees and shareholders realize their goals.
Given the important role that suppliers play in our ability to achieve our goals and deliver on the commitments we have made to our stakeholders, we are committed to developing mutually beneficial relationships with them. These relationships are based on strong principles and our core values of trust, teamwork and accountability.
To ensure alignment and compliance with our standards, policies and expectations, all CIBC suppliers must abide by a global Supplier Code of Conduct (PDF, 70 KB) , and commit to living up to our core values and meeting the highest standards of ethical and professional behaviour.
We will only engage with suppliers who meet or exceed the requirements outlined in our Supplier Code of Conduct, including:
- Acting ethically and complying with applicable laws
- Following responsible business practices
- Following responsible employment practices and providing safe working conditions
- Caring for the community and environment
- Compliance with the CIBC Supplier Code of Conduct
- Reporting violations and non-retaliation
In accordance with the United Kingdom’s Modern Slavery Act 2015, our annual statement (PDF, 130 KB) Opens a new window in your browser.sets out steps taken by CIBC to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains.