If you have concerns about irregular business activities or behaviour that could put CIBC’s integrity or reputation at risk, you can report the matter to CIBC by using the confidential and anonymous Whistleblower Hotline.
What to report
Examples of what to report include:
- Concerns related to accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters
- Any act of dishonesty by employees or other agents of CIBC with the intent to deceive or steal from CIBC, its employees, clients or shareholders including the theft of assets and misstatement of financial reports, bribery, kickbacks and theft of information
- Any other activity that may be an indication of fraud
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information about CIBC, its clients or suppliers
What not to report
You should not use the Whistleblower Hotline to report matters relating to customer service. To report such matters, refer to CIBC’s Contact Us page.
How to report
The Whistleblower Hotline is a confidential phone service operated by an independent company, outside of CIBC, which will alert the bank to your concern. You’ll be asked some questions so that your concern is clearly understood. You can choose to remain anonymous. To contact the Whistleblower Hotline, dial:
- 1-888-937-3247 inside North America
- 0808-234-2961 inside the United Kingdom
- 770-613-6301 in all other regions (call collect) Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and in multiple languages (upon request)
Alternatively, you may contact the Chief Executive Officer, any member of the Executive Committee, or any member of the board by writing to the Corporate Secretary (199 Bay Street, Commerce Court West, 44th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5L 1A2), marking the envelope "Private and Confidential – Complaint", and noting the addressee(s).
Protection from retaliation
CIBC employees and members of the public are protected against any form of retaliation for reporting a concern in good faith, or as a result of providing information or other assistance in the internal or external investigation of a concern.