Tailored to your student budget
What you get:
- Unlimited transactions1 and no monthly fee
- Free paperless record-keeping2
- Debit purchases across Canada using the INTERAC network®1
- Debit purchases outside Canada, and online, by phone or by mail with a CIBC Advantage Debit Card® using the Visa network
- 24-hour account access through CIBC branches, bank machines, and telephone, online, and mobile banking
How you get it:
- Provide proof of enrolment in a full-time post-secondary program (college, university or CEGEP)
- International students can qualify for this offer by showing their student ID, foreign passport and study permit (IMM 1442)
- This offer lasts up to a maximum of 4 years from your program enrolment date (based on expected graduation date or program length). To extend, you must re-apply with proof of continued enrolment
Plus, with the CIBC Express Switch® Service3, it's easy to transfer your pre-authorized transactions and/or account balance from another bank to CIBC.
Rates and fees
Better ways to bank with CIBC
Short of cash? We’ve got you covered
You can also add CIBC Overdraft Protection Service to this account, which covers you against temporary cash shortages.
A student travel card with no income requirement
Earn Aventura points with the CIBC Aventura® Visa™ Card for Students and get your travel plans off the ground sooner.