† Cash reward offer begins on October 17, 2023, at 12:01 am ET. Offer available to Canadian residents, and international students, who meet the eligibility requirements for the CIBC Smart Start or CIBC Smart for Students benefit and, from 2021 to the time of opening the account, are not holders or joint holders of a CIBC chequing account, all as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. To qualify for this offer, open a CIBC Smart Account with Smart Start or Smart for Students benefits. Within 2 months after the month of opening the account, earn a $100 cash reward when you complete 5 Visa Debit purchases within the same calendar month. Eligibility of transactions will be determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. This offer can be combined with the CIBC Student Refer-a-Friend Program. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, reward, or rebate unless otherwise indicated by CIBC. The cash reward will be deposited into your account within 7 months after the month that you have opened the account. Other conditions apply. Please review the full Terms and conditions (PDF, 130 KB) Opens in a new window..
‡ Earn $50 each time a person you refer qualifies and receives their reward, up to $500 each year this offer is available between January 1 to December 31, for the first 10 people you refer each year that qualified and got their cash reward. To learn more, refer to the Referral Program Terms and Conditions (PDF, 115 KB) Opens in a new window..
◊ The CIBC Investor’s Edge® Free Online Trading for Young Investors Offer (the “Offer”) begins May 10, 2022 and makes all clients aged 18–24 who have CIBC Smart™ Start with their deposit account and a CIBC Investor’s Edge account eligible to receive:
Unlimited commission-free trading for North American online equity and ETF trades in an eligible CIBC Investor’s Edge account, and a waiver of annual account administration fees, until the last day in the year that the client reaches age 24 (the “Free Trading Period”).
1. Applicable annual administration fees on registered and non-registered accounts will be waived during the Free Trading Period.
2. The CIBC Investor’s Edge account types eligible for the Offer are as follows, with no minimum account balance required:
- Investment account — individual
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP) account — individual
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
3. After the Free Trading Period ends, the CIBC Smart Start benefits end, or the client otherwise no longer qualifies for the Offer, clients will be charged regular pricing.
4. The Offer is non-transferable. The Offer may not be combined with other CIBC Investor’s Edge promotional offers. For full offer details, review the terms and conditions (PDF, 70 KB) Opens in a new window.
CIBC Investor’s Edge is a division of CIBC Investor Services Inc. and a subsidiary of CIBC.
†† To be eligible for a free SPC membership, you must hold an eligible CIBC product at the time you register for the membership, which you must do through CIBC online or mobile banking. Eligible CIBC products include a CIBC Youth or Student bank account, Student credit card or Student line of credit. A complete list of eligible CIBC products can be found under "How do I qualify for SPC membership with CIBC?". Joint account holders of eligible CIBC products are not eligible for membership. You must also be a legal resident of Canada who is 14 years of age or over, but under the age of 30 years if the eligible CIBC product you use to qualify for the membership is a student line of credit. The membership will automatically renew and remain in effect for as long as you hold an eligible CIBC product.