For information on your group medical and dental benefits, visit Sun LifeOpens a new window in your browser
Allianz Global Assistance - Travel Medical Insurance
For information or to purchase Travel Medical Insurance for trips outside of Canada, call 1-800-513-5934.
To report a travel emergency or to file a claim in North America, call 1-800-995-1662. If you are outside North America, call 416-340-0049 (collect calls accepted).
Through the myBenefits website, you can get information on your benefits and pension, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To register:
- Visit myBenefits.
- Select “Register as a New User.”
- Enter your employee number and date of birth, then select “Continue.”
- Enter your postal/zip code, then select “Continue”.
- Follow the instructions to create a user ID, password and PIN, then select “Continue.”
- Select your five security questions and answers, then select “Continue.”
- Indicate whether you would like to be remembered on this device, then select “Continue.”
- Once you see the message ‘Completed Successfully’, select “Continue” to go to the home page.
- Select “Your Profile” at the top of your screen to update your profile — including your personal email address.
You also have access to benefits assistance when you select ‘Contact Us’ at the top of the home page. You can get assistance through live web chat, during Human Resources Contact Centre (HRCC) hours, and through a 24-hour online request management tool called eService.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Take advantage of a wide variety of confidential services to support you and your family. When you want to find better solutions to your life challenges, the EFAP can help. EFAP is a confidential, free service for you and your immediate family that provides support for personal and relationship issues,
health coaching and nutrition consulting, legal advice and elder care information.
Services are provided by Morneau Shepell, an independent company with more than 1000 professional counsellors across Canada, and all direct services are paid for by CIBC. If long-term support or specialized care is required, Morneau Shepell will refer you to an affordable community resource, and you will then be responsible for any fees your benefits plan or provincial health plan do not cover.
EFAP is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- For service in English, call 1-800-387-4765.
- For service in French, call 1-800-361-5676.
- For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), call 1-877-338-0275.
- For service online:
Wellness Checkpoint is a key part of CIBC’s focus on our retirees’ health and wellness. It is a confidential website that helps you identify and manage any health risks you may have. On the website, you will find:
- A wellness assessment – a confidential survey of your health and wellness, which results in your personalized health profile.
- Your personalized health profile – a realistic assessment of your potential risk factors such as stress, environment, blood pressure, diet, exercise, and cholesterol levels. You can also print a copy to discuss with your physician.
In addition, the site offers links to many health-related websites and other support resources. To get the most from your wellness assessment, you may need to provide your:
- Blood pressure
Instructions on how to access the Wellness Checkpoint are available through the CIBC Facebook group. To access this information:
Alternatively, you can access the Wellness Checkpoint through myBenefits. To do so: