1. What is WorkPerks?
WorkPerks is an online discount program, which provides Canadian retirees and their immediate families access to hundreds of discounts on products and services ranging from computers and clothing to sports events and travel-. The program is operated by Venngo, a third-party supplier and Canada’s leading provider of outsourced discount programs for over 10 years; with more than 2,000 national and local discount offers to help members save money.
2. Who is eligible to participates in the WorkPerks program?
WorkPerks at CIBC is available to all Canadian retirees.
3. How can my family members use this program?
Many perks can be redeemed by printing coupons or accessing a vendor website with a perk code. As a primary holder of the account, you can share these coupons and perk codes with immediate family members so that they too can enjoy the advantages of this program.
4. What discounts are available?
By partnering with Venngo, we are part of a network of over 1 million consumers from a growing list of Canada's most well-known organizations. As a result, we are able to secure hundreds of discounts in many categories including health, entertainment, electronics, shoes and apparel, restaurants, travel, home and living, plus much more.
5. How much can I expect to save?
WorkPerks at CIBC provides you with a broad range of programs and savings. There is something for everyone. Some individual perks can save you hundreds of dollars. Over the course of a year the savings for you and your family will add-up.
6. Will it cost me anything to participate?
No. This program is provided to all Canadian retirees at no charge.
7. Can I request perks?
Yes. You can let Venngo know if there is a perk you are looking for by using the "suggest a perk" feature, available on the website.
Access to the program
8. Am I required to participate?
No. CIBC is offering the program to you to help you save money by taking advantage of savings opportunities. Participation is optional.
9. How do I register?
To sign up:
1. Visit https://cibc.venngo.comOpens a new window in your browser
2. Select “create account.”
3. Follow the instructions to complete setting up your account.
You will need an email address and your HR ID, which you can find on your Sun Life Financial drug card. If you need assistance locating your HR ID or if you do not have a Sun Life Financial drug card, call the Human Resources Contact Center at 1-800-668-0918.
10. If I register, what information do I need to provide?
One of the many advantages of this program is that very little information is needed for you to create your account and start saving. You will be asked to provide your first name, last name, HR ID and email address.
11. What do I show for proof of CIBC affiliation?
On some perks, proof of affiliation is required. To show proof of CIBC affiliation, you may show the following identification:
- Sun Life Financial Benefits Card, which has your name and the CIBC logo
- A copy of your T4 statement from your CIBC pension
12. Will my personal information remain private?
Yes. Personal information provided to Venngo is never shared with any third-party without your permission.
13. How do I take advantage of the available offers?
Since WorkPerks at CIBC is web-based, you can access discounts from any computer with internet access by visiting cibc.venngo.comOpens a new window in your browser. You can also access discounts from your mobile device through the Venngo app, available through the App Store® or Google Play™.
Each perk includes instruction on how to use it. Perks may be redeemable online, over the phone or in-store. There is also an opt-in e-newsletter that provides updates on new and seasonal offers, so be sure to opt-in.
14. Is WorkPerks available in both French and English?
Yes. WorkPerks is a bilingual program. You will need to specify your language preference when you create your account.
15. Is WorkPerks at CIBC a Global Program?
WorkPerks at CIBC offers discounts primarily from Canadian vendors. Program expansion to our global locations is something that we may consider at a future phase.
16. Where can I go if I have any further questions?
Contact Venngo directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgAn email window will open or by phone at 1-866-383-6646 if:
- You are having difficulty accessing a perk
- You are not able to redeem a perk at a participating vendor
- You have questions about the WorkPerks website, including password resets.
17. Who do I contact if I have technology issues?
If you have difficulty accessing WorkPerks at CIBC from home, contact your internet service provider.
For WorkPerks at CIBC Technology issues including password resets, contact Venngo by email at email@example.comAn email window will open or by phone at 1-866-383-6646.