The CIBC Children's Foundation is dedicated to providing support to charitable organizations that help prepare children in need for future success. Our focus is on programs or projects that enhance the health, education and well-being of children in Canada.
Due to the overwhelming volume of requests considered by the CIBC Children's Foundation, all funding applications must be submitted online.
Areas of Focus:
- Children in need, ages 0 to 13
- Programs that address health requirements of children in need
- Programs that promote learning and skills development of children in need
- Programs that provide access to opportunities that enhance the well being of children in need
To be eligible for funding, requests must:
- be for projects or programs that directly support the health, education or well being of children in need
- be for a Canadian organization, using funds donated in Canada
- be for a registered charity with a Canada Revenue Agency Charitable Registration Number
- have a record of achievement or potential for success in line with our overall goals
- address a community need and provide direct impact to the community served
- include planned outcomes, supported by a measurement and evaluation process
- have audited financial statements for the charitable organization, sound financial practices, a sustainable funding model and a program budget
Note: Priority will be given to organizations that are located where wholesale banking and/or CIBC Wood Gundy employees are actively involved and are relevant to the communities in which they operate.
The CIBC Children's Foundation does not fund:
- Multiple contributions to the same organization during one fiscal year (Jan. 1 to Dec. 31)
- Organizations currently funded by CIBC
- Initiatives outside Canada
- Religious organizations, unless supporting broadly-based outreach community needs for the disadvantaged
- Public, private or religious schools, including costs associated with student travel
- Day cares, pre-kindergartens, pre-schools
- Individuals or teams in fundraising initiatives or events (including sports and Dragon Boat teams)
- Third-party flow- through or umbrella organizations such as private or family foundations
- Boards of Trade, Chamber of Commerce or service clubs such as Rotary
- Business, industry or member based associations
- Golf tournaments
- Registration fees
- Matching contributions
- Heritage organizations
- Political organizations
- Advocacy and lobbying activities
- Think tanks
- For profit organizations or other corporations' community outreach initiatives
- Advertising or promotional initiatives
- Events, dinners, advertising and/or marketing/rebranding ventures that are not 100% - eligible for tax receipts
- Multi-year requests
- Capital campaigns
Due to the overwhelming volume of funding requests received, the CIBC Children's Foundation will only consider online applications.
- Donation requests are reviewed by a donations committee between the months of February and September each year. Requests submitted outside our granting period will be held over until the next granting year begins.
- During our review period, proposals are reviewed by a donations committee approximately once a month and it may take up to or more than 60 days before a decision is made.
- Donation requests are reviewed on an annual basis. Every organization (even those funded in previous years) must re-submit information annually to the Foundation for consideration.