Donations and Sponsorship Funding Guidelines
CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our team members and our communities. We aim to make a difference through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of our employees.
Eligibility in Canada
CIBC will consider funding for Canadian registered charities or non-profit organizations that use the funds within Canada only. Organizations must have audited financial statements, sound financial practices, and a sustainable funding model. Projects must be supported by a measurement and evaluation process. Projects must also be aligned to cancer, persons with disabilities, financial literacy, or Indigenous communities.
CIBC Children’s Foundation will consider funding for:
- Canadian registered charities that use funds within Canada
- Projects or programs that directly support children in need — under the age of 14
- Projects or programs that have a record of achievement or potential for success in line with our overall goals
- Projects and programs that address a community need and provide direct impact to the community served
- Projects and programs that include planned outcomes, supported by a measurement and evaluation process
- Requests that include financial statements for the charitable organization, sound financial practices, a sustainable funding model and a program budget
How to apply for funding
CIBC's online funding application requires approximately 30 minutes to complete. You can save a partially completed application and return to it later if necessary.
Before you apply, please ensure you have reviewed CIBC's funding guidelines and that your request meets at least one of our strategic areas of focus — cancer and persons with disabilities.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application following submission.