The War Guilds of the Bank of Commerce were organized regionally and often worked in conjunction with war charities and the Canadian Red Cross. The War Service Group in Winnipeg, for instance, supplied the overseas members of the staff from Manitoba and Saskatchewan with cigarettes, food parcels and knitted articles, and also donated money to the Red Cross, Navy League and British War Victims' Fund. In total, the women of the War Guilds across the country made extraordinary contributions:
- 12,837 knitted articles such as sweaters, scarves, socks, and mitts
- 5,854 sewn articles including women's and children's clothing
The War Guild of Toronto was singled out by the staff at the London, England branch of the Bank of Commerce and presented with a commemorative sculpture. The stone rose was made from the rubble of the British Houses of Parliament that were damaged after an air raid on May 10, 1941.