Security Guarantee and Tips
CIBC Bank Machines
Almost 4,000 bank machines available in our network across Canada.
Need to find a CIBC Bank Machine?
Use our Locator
At CIBC, our top priority is to protect the privacy and security of your information.
We want your banking experience to be as secure as it is convenient. That's why we've installed enhanced card readers on CIBC Instant Teller® locations designed to enhance privacy protection and help prevent anyone from obtaining information from your debit or credit cards through illegal devices or practices. The new card readers are illuminated green covers that enhance privacy protection, while having no effect on the way you do your banking.
- Never lend out your cards or disclose your PIN(s) to anyone, including family, friends or people claiming to be bank employees
- Protect your PIN and passwords by memorizing them- don't write them down
- When selecting your PIN and passwords, choose hard-to-guess combinations. Avoid combinations that include your street number, telephone number, date of birth, account number and card number
- Never let your debit or credit cards out of sight when conducting a transaction
- Only conduct your transactions where and when you feel secure
- When conducting any transaction, use your hand or body to shield your PIN
- After completing a transaction, remember to take your debit or credit card and, if provided, your transaction receipt
- Beware of objects attached to any bank machine that make its appearance or operation seem unusual
- If your debit or credit card is lost, stolen or retained by a CIBC Instant Teller®, call 1-800-465-2422 immediately
® Registered trademark of CIBC.
Visa Int./CIBC lic. user.