Help us protect your information
To benefit from the security of the CIBC Online Security Guarantee, you need to do your part to help us protect your information and finances. This means meeting your responsibilities under your agreements with us, including:
- Carefully selecting your password and Personal Verification Questions, and never disclosing them to anyone
- Not keeping copies of your password or Personal Verification Questions stored anywhere on any internet-enabled device you use to access CIBC Mobile Banking
- Reviewing your statements and reporting errors within the time periods set out in your account agreement
- Assisting us in any investigation into improper access to your accounts
- Setting a passcode on your mobile device for increased security to prevent unauthorized access to your one-time verification code when it is sent to you when you perform a sensitive transaction
For full information, read the CIBC Online Banking Security Guarantee and our Electronic Access Agreement, and the other agreements for your products and services. The guarantee is governed by the terms of these agreements.
*CIBC Online Security Guarantee only applies to CIBC Mobile Banking and Brokerage users. The guarantee does not include any other CIBC Mobile services.