About the CIBC RRSP GIC (Redeemable)
With the CIBC RRSP GIC (Redeemable), you deposit money with us for a period of 9 months to 3 years, and earn a guaranteed interest rate. At the end of the term we return the full amount of your deposit plus interest - guaranteed. If you need your money back sooner, you can withdraw your funds any time, at specified early redemption rates.
Is it for you?
The CIBC RRSP GIC (Redeemable) could be for you if:
- You want a secure RRSP investment
- You are setting registered funds aside to meet your future retirement goals
- You want the option to withdraw your funds at any time
- While redeemable GICs generally pay less interest than non-redeemable GICs, they do allow you to cash out before maturity, at early redemption rates. If you may need access to some but not all of your funds, consider placing some money in the CIBC RRSP GIC (Redeemable), and the rest in the CIBC RRSP GIC (Non-Redeemable). This maximizes your interest rate earnings, while giving you the liquidity you need. Other GICs offering early access include the CIBC Flexible RRSP GIC or CIBC Cashable Escalating Rate RRSP GIC
- Available as a non-registered CIBC Redeemable GIC or as a CIBC TFSA GIC (Redeemable)