About CIBC RRSP GIC (Non-Redeemable)
With the CIBC RRSP GIC (Non-Redeemable), you deposit money with us for a period of 2 months to 5 years, and earn a guaranteed rate of interest. The longer you keep the money on deposit, the higher the rate of interest you generally earn. At the end of the term, we return the full amount of your deposit plus interest - guaranteed.
Is it for you?
The CIBC RRSP GIC (Non-Redeemable) could be for you if any of the following apply:
- You want a secure RRSP investment
- You are setting registered funds aside to meet your future retirement goals
- You want to lock-in your deposit for a longer period in order to earn a higher rate of interest
- You value the stability and security of a fixed term investment for some or all of your portfolio
- You won't need access to your money prior to the GIC's maturity
- Consider staggering or "laddering" your RRSP GIC maturity dates by dividing your investment equally among five RRSP GICs, with terms ranging from one to five years. As each GIC matures, re-invest it into a 5 year term, which generally earns a higher interest rate than shorter terms. Because you have one GIC maturing each year, you have access to a portion of your investment annually if you need it. If rates rise, some of your GIC dollars can be re-invested, with only a portion of your GICs maturing if rates fall
- Available as a CIBC TFSA Rate GIC (Non-Redeemable)