Interest Rates on Personal Bank Accounts1
Maximize your savings with a high-interest account
CIBC eAdvantage ® Savings Account:
24-hour access and free online transfers1 to your other CIBC personal bank accounts.
Want to open a new account?Apply Now
CIBC Current prime rate
% as of
The interest that you earn on your money depends on the type of bank account and balance you have.
Rates as of
|Personal Bank Accounts||Daily Closing Balance||Rate||Special Offers|
|CIBC eAdvantage® Savings Account2
Maximize your savings with competitive high interest when your balance is $5,000 or more.
|Balance up to $4,999.99||%||% bonus interest on new deposits (limited time offer expires March 31, 2015|
|Balance $5,000 or more||%|
|CIBC Bonus Savings Account3
Build your savings with competitive interest when your balance is $3,000 or more.
|Balance up to $2,999.99||%|
|Balance $3,000 or more||%|
|CIBC Premium Growth Account™4
Start your savings by earning interest on every dollar you save.
|CIBC Advantage® for Youth
A CIBC Premium Growth Account that offers premium interest for anyone 18 years of age or younger.
|CIBC PremierService® Account5
Cover all of your banking needs in one comprehensive package.
|Portion up to $999.99||%|
|Portion $1,000 to $4,999.99||%|
|Portion $5,000 to $24,999.99||%|
|Portion $25,000 to $59,999.99||%|
|Portion $60,000 and over||%|
|CIBC US$ Personal Account6
A convenient way to manage your U.S. dollars.
|Balance up to $2,999.99||%|
|Balance $3,000 to $9,999.99||%|
|Balance $10,000 to $24,999.99||%|
|Balance $25,000 to $59,999.99||%|
|Portion $60,000 and over||%|
Terms and Conditions
1 Interest is credited to your account as of the last business day in the interest period. However, the interest cannot be withdrawn, and will not be printed at branch terminals or at CIBC's Bank Machines or made available through CIBC Telephone or Online Banking, until two business days after the end of the interest period.
Interest rates quoted are annual. Interest rates and balance tiers are subject to change without prior notice.
2 Occasionally, CIBC has a bonus interest offer for the CIBC eAdvantage Savings Account.
The following Terms and Conditions explain in detail how bonus interest can be earned on new and existing CIBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts.
1. The CIBC eAdvantage Savings Account (the “eSA”) Bonus Interest Offer (the “eSA Offer”) begins on November 3, 2014 and continues until March 31, 2015 (the “eSA Offer Period”). The eSA Offer applies to eligible eSAs only.
2. If an eSA is opened during the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn bonus interest (“Bonus Interest”) on the full daily closing balance from the date the eSA is opened for the duration of the eSA Offer Period.
3. If an eSA was opened before the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn Bonus Interest on the portion of the account’s daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2014 (the “New Balance”). If an eSA is overdrawn as at October 31, 2014, the October 31, 2014 closing balance is deemed to be zero.
4. The eSA Offer is limited to one eSA per customer. While customers who opened an eSA(s) before the eSA Offer Period may open a new eSA(s) during the eSA Offer Period, the new eSA(s) will not be eligible for the eSA Offer. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA under the same name(s) during the eSA Offer Period, only the first eSA opened will be eligible. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA on the same day with the same account holder name(s), CIBC will determine which of the eSAs (if any) is eligible.
Bonus Interest and Regular Interest
5. Bonus Interest is calculated daily at the current rate and paid monthly on:
- each day’s full closing balance, for an eligible eSA opened during the eSA Offer Period; or
- each day’s New Balance, for an eligible eSA opened before the eSA Offer Period.
Regular interest (“Regular Interest”) is calculated daily at the current rate on each day’s full closing balance when the final balance is $5,000 or more, and paid monthly.
Bonus Interest may be referred to as “Promotional Interest” on record keeping (i.e. CIBC Online Banking, ABMs, etc.).
For current Regular and Bonus Interest rates, ask at any CIBC Branch or visit www.cibc.com. Regular and/or Bonus Interest rates may change at any time without prior notice.
6. Bonus Interest will not be paid on funds that are transferred during the eSA Offer Period:
- from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to an eSA that is opened during the eSA Offer Period; or
- from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to another CIBC personal bank account and then back to an eSA.
7. Any balances that become eSA balances when another CIBC personal bank account is converted to an eSA during the eSA Offer Period will not earn Bonus Interest. “Converted” is a term used to describe when any CIBC personal bank account (such as a CIBC Premium Growth Account) is changed into an eSA, either directly or indirectly, without changing the original account number.
8. There can only be one eSA Offer on each eSA. This eSA Offer cannot be combined with any other offer on your eSA. CIBC, in its sole discretion, may change these terms and conditions or withdraw this eSA Offer at anytime without notice. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this eSA Offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it determines or believes is abusing or manipulating this eSA Offer.
3 Interest is calculated on each day's final balance and paid monthly. The rate earned is dependent on each day’s final balance.
4 Interest is calculated on each day's final balance and paid monthly.
5 Interest is calculated on each day's final balance and paid monthly. You earn the rate for each savings tier in which a portion of your balance falls as outlined in the chart.
6 Interest is calculated on each day's final balance and paid monthly. When each day’s final balance falls in any of the first four tiers, your entire account balance earns the rate displayed for your balance’s highest tier. The rate for the final tier only applies to the portion of the balance falling in that tier.