The CIBC Special Offer GIC allows you to earn a premium interest rate above our regular GIC rates. The rate is fixed, adding security and predictability to your portfolio. The Special Offer GIC gives you the benefit of investing in the markets without the risk of losing your principal investment.
Is this GIC right for your business?
The CIBC Special Offer GIC could be right for your business if any of the following apply:
- You seek a premium rate for a non-redeemable GIC on selected terms offered on a time-limited basis
- You value the stability and security of a fixed-term investment
- You want to put funds aside to meet future goals such as a major purchase
- You will not need access to your money prior to the GIC's maturity
- Principal and interest can be automatically renewed or deposited into your bank account.
- For terms of 1 year or more, simple interest is paid when you select the monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual interest payment option; or, compound interest is calculated annually and paid at maturity.