1 Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada.
2 Long distance minutes limited to 50 international destinations.
This offer is only available at the following CIBC Banking Centres:
- Ontario West: Albion Rd and Kipling, HWY 10 and Steeles, Mississauga City Square, Westwood Square, Bovaird and Airport, Keele and Finch, Erin Mills, Wilson and Jane, HWY 27 and Queens Plate, and Dixie and Burnhamthorpe
- Ontario East: Yonge and Sheppard, Cedarbrae Mall, Victoria Park and Sheppard, Eglinton Town, South Hill, Yonge and Tower Hill, Scarborough Town, Danforth and Coxwell, Bathurst and Steeles, and Markham and Steeles
- Central Canada: McKnight Village, Millwoods Main Street, Victoria and University Park, Sunridge Corner, Westgate, Unity Square, Saint Vital Centre, 11th and Hamilton, Parkdale, Seven Oaks, Crowfoot Village
- Western Canada: King George and 102nd Avenue, Metrotown, Three West Centre, Kennedy, Kingsway and Knight, Lonsdale and 16th, Coquitlam, Guildford, Park Royal, Georgia and Burrard, University Boulevard
- Northern Canada: 8th and Circle, Winkler, Circle Drive and Faithfull Avenue, 2nd Avenue and 21st, Fort McMurray, 8th and Rosser, Westpoint, Dauphin, Lloydminster 4915 – 50th, Memorial and Harbour Expressway, Neepawa
- Eastern Canada: Place Vertu, Principal, Place CIBC, King et Belvédère, Jean-Talon et Langelier, Sherbrooke et Metcalfe, Place Portobello, Complexe Guy-Favreau, Plaza Centennial, Carrefour Angrignon, Barrington and Duke, University and Belvedere
Your participation in CIBC’s Newcomer Rapid Connect Pre-paid SIM Card offer (the “Offer”), means you accept and agree to these terms and conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that the you have received the Offer from CIBC since you meet the Offer eligibility requirements. This Offer is limited to 1 (one) pre-paid SIM card per client.
1. Until June 30, 2022 all clients who meet the requirements for international student, newcomer or foreign worker offers, as described below, and who otherwise qualify to receive this Offer will receive it during the onboarding process.
2. In order to qualify for the Offer, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be a new client of CIBC who has completed an account opening process at a participating banking centre during this campaign
- Confirm you are interested in receiving this Offer from CIBC
- Be of the age of majority in the province where you reside
- Meet existing eligibility requirements for international student, newcomer or foreign worker offers at CIBC:
- Provide proof that you have arrived in Canada in the past 5 years as a Permanent Resident (IMM 5292 — Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter or Permanent Resident Card indicating the date you became a permanent resident is within the last 5 years) at the time of onboarding; or
- Provide proof that you are a temporary foreign worker with a valid Canadian work permit (IMM 1442) issued in the last 12 months at the time of onboarding (or at least 6 months if you are a CIBC employee who is a foreign worker); or
- Provide proof that you are an international student with a valid Canadian study permit (IMM 1442)
- Must not have received this Offer from another banking centre
The Offer will be provided after you have been on-boarded as a client once CIBC has determined, in its sole discretion, that the you are eligible for it and that you have complied with these terms and conditions. This Offer is limited to 1 (one) pre-paid SIM card per client.
3. The pre-paid Koodo SIM card is a 30 day free mobility service offer which includes 4.5 GB of data, unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited international texting sent and received anywhere in Canada, and a one-time 100 long distance minutes for calling to 50 international destinations. Data and long distance minutes will expire at the end of the 30-day period.
4. CIBC and/or Koodo are not responsible for any lost or stolen SIM cards.
5. For technical support with SIM cards, clients would need to contact Koodo Mobility services.
6. You are not bound to any contractual obligations with Koodo Mobility services by using this free trial offer pre-paid SIM card.
7. Insert the free trial Koodo SIM into your phone. Your trial will be activated as soon as your phone connects to the Koodo network or the moment you send your first SMS. You will receive a welcome text message from Koodo along with your phone number within 24 hours.
8. 10 days prior to the offer expiry you will receive a text message from Koodo notifying you of the upcoming expiry and steps to follow if you are interested in continuing your service by topping up the prepaid account. If you wish to not continue the service, the offer will automatically expire after the 30 day free trial period.
9. SIM cards available while supplies last.
10. CIBC may, at any time, without prior notice to you:
- change or cancel the Offer; and amend these terms and conditions.
11. SIM cards will expire on June 30, 2022.