1. What is Commercial Banking and what businesses does Commercial Banking serve?
- Commercial Banking serves businesses with annual sales generally in the $5 million - $500 million range. However, we work with many companies who have sales well in excess of this upper limit, depending on their financial needs and relationship preferences. View the Partnering with Canada's Best section for more details.
If you don't think this site applies to your business, you can visit the Small Business and Large Corporate sections of cibc.com.
2. How do I establish a relationship with CIBC Commercial Banking?
- CIBC Commercial Banking accounts are managed by a Relationship Manager to enable us to develop an understanding of your business and help you create, protect and realize value for your company. This ensures that we can tailor the solution that is right for you and your business.
Your Relationship Manager is responsible for understanding your business and for bringing the right solution, involving product specialists as required. Contact us for more information.
3. Who is the Relationship Manager?
- CIBC Relationship Managers are the primary contact for clients. They work with you to develop a sound understanding of your business and operations and provide advice on a broad range of innovative products and services to satisfy a client's financial needs.
4. Can I view/update my account online?
- You can view your account and perform specific transactions online using CIBC Business Banking. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
5. How do you handle transactions not available electronically, as well as service requests and problem resolution?
- The CIBC Business Contact Centre is the direct line to service and support. Whether it's requesting a stop payment, conducting a time sensitive financial transaction, investigating a missing item or requiring technical support on any of CIBC's electronic business banking products, the CIBC Business Contact Centre is just one call away. Launched in December 2000, the CIBC Business Contact Centre provides you with a centralized point of contact for many of your transactional needs. It's all part of our commitment to provide you with convenient, responsive, and seamless business banking services. Available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday, your call will be answered promptly by our team of service professionals. And our state-of-the-art technology means our Client Service teams have the information they require at their fingertips to quickly meet your servicing needs. To safeguard your business, you will be asked to quote your client identification number and callers must match individual profiles established for those authorized within your company to receive information and provide instructions to the CIBC Business Contact Centre. To learn more about the CIBC Business Contact Centre, contact your CIBC Relationship Manager or call 1-888-947-7736.
6. How quickly can my requests/transactions be processed?
- This depends on the type of request. Many inquiries and transactions can be dealt with immediately or on the same day, while investigating and resolving problems can take much longer. Your Relationship Manager or the Business Contact Centre can provide estimated turn around times for specific activities.
7. What types of questions should I refer to the CIBC Business Contact Centre vs. my Relationship Manager?
- Your Relationship Manager is your primary contact for advice and solutions. He/she is your business partner, knowledgeable about a variety of issues that are directly related to the operation of a business such as financing, cash management, risk management etc.
- The CIBC Business Contact Centre provides service and support for the majority of products you currently use. The Business Contact Centre will help you fulfill simple transactions, deal with problems you may encounter with your day to day banking activities and provide general banking information.
Have more questions? Find additional answers and ways to contact us here.