CIBC Newcomers to Canada Plan
New to Canada?
- Get discounts if you've obtained permanent residence status within the past three years1 or if you are a temporary resident in Canada on a valid work permit2
- Unlimited transactions and no monthly fee for one year with a CIBC Everyday® Chequing Account
Make your life in Canada a little easier
As a Newcomer to Canada you'll get:
- Unlimited transactions and pay no monthly fee for one year3 with a CIBC Everyday® Chequing Account
- Free paperless record keeping4
- Up to $50 cash back5 on a safety deposit box only available to permanent residents
Plus, enjoy the convenience of the CIBC Advantage Debit CardTM
- Get 24-hour access to your account through CIBC branches, bank machines, telephone banking, online banking and mobile banking
- Shop in Canada using INTERAC® Debit
- Shop at stores in the U.S. and internationally where Visa is accepted
- Shop online, over the phone or by mail at participating retailers where Visa and Visa Debit are accepted
Experience the CIBC advantage
Extended branch hours at over 1,000 branches to better accommodate your busy schedule
One of the largest bank machine networks in Canada for quick and easy access to your money
Get all the banking you need with the Welcome to Canada Package.
Your life in Canada – what you need to know
Moving to a new country can be challenging. Whether you're already in Canada or making plans from overseas, CIBC is here to help.
Choosing the right bank account
To get established in Canada and start building your financial future, you'll need a bank account.
Enter your question in sentence form, e.g.: How do I open a bank account?Top 10 Questions
Terms and Conditions
1 To apply for the credit card, you must have either (a) another eligible CIBC personal banking product in good standing; such as a chequing or savings account (for details please visit cibc.com/newtocanada); OR (b) a certain minimum household income (depending on the card you apply for) and meet CIBC’s credit criteria for that card.
2 These offers may be changed or withdrawn at any time. Unless otherwise specified, special offers are limited to one per person. Offers apply to newly-issued products only. To be eligible to receive these offers, the customer must present a valid Canadian Work Permit 12 months or greater and request the CIBC Offers for Foreign Workers when applying for a product. Other conditions apply.
3 Offer available on new CIBC Everyday Chequing Accounts only. A transaction includes cheques, withdrawals, transfers, pre-authorized payments, bill payments (including CIBC Credit Cards and CIBC Personal Lines of Credit) and debit purchases. The waived fees are the regular monthly fee of $3.90 for up to 12 transactions plus $1.00 per each additional transaction beyond 12. Additional fee(s) apply to withdrawals from non-CIBC bank machines, INTERAC e-Transfers® and transactions in foreign currency (including cheques written in currencies other than the account currency). These fees apply to all customers, including CIBC Advantage for Youth, CIBC Advantage for Students and CIBC 60 Plus Advantage customers. Although transaction fees, including for processing cheques, are waived for one year, a fee applies if you purchase a booklet of cheques. Fee waiver is in effect for one year, after which regular monthly and transaction fees will automatically apply without prior notice.…