CIBC respects the following principles when collecting, using or sharing your personal information:
- CIBC is responsible for personal information under its control.
- There are designated individuals within CIBC who are accountable for compliance with these privacy principles.
2. Identifying Purposes and Obtaining Consent
- CIBC informs you, at or before the time it is collected, the purposes for the collection, use and sharing of personal information.
- CIBC obtains your consent before collecting, using or sharing personal information, except where otherwise permitted or required by law.
3. Limiting the Collection, Use or Sharing of Your Personal Information
- CIBC limits the personal information it collects to what is necessary for the purposes it has identified. CIBC collects personal information only by fair and lawful means.
- CIBC does not use or share personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected except with your consent or where permitted or required by law. CIBC retains personal information only as long as necessary for these purposes.
4. Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate and Providing Access to Your Information
- CIBC takes care to keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Upon request, and subject to certain exceptions, CIBC will provide you with access to your personal information. You can ask how your personal information is to be used or shared so you can ensure your personal information is accurate and complete and can be updated if appropriate.
5. Protecting Your Personal Information
- CIBC takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized use, sharing, loss or theft, and we audit our security measures and assess that they remain effective and appropriate.
6. Openness and Addressing Your Concerns
- CIBC makes available information about its policies and practices related to managing your personal information.
- CIBC has steps you can follow if you have questions or concerns about your privacy.