We help business owners and shareholders:
- Sell their business
- Grow through acquisition
- Raise equity capital and secure debt financing
We have the largest mid-market advisory team of any Canadian bank, with a track record of success that includes over 100 transactions totaling more than $3 billion.
To the benefit of our clients, we successfully combine the resources of CIBC’s global franchise with a level of service normally associated with smaller specialty firms.
Our team of seasoned professionals services all regions across Canada, with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
M&A Transaction Advisory
We can help you sell your business as part of your succession plans or sell a portion of your ownership to generate liquidity and diversify your personal wealth.
Acquisitions and Management Buyouts
We can help you grow your product lines, markets and geographic reach through the acquisition of other companies. We also advise management teams who are seeking to acquire the businesses they manage.
We can help you raise funds for shareholder distributions, shareholder buyouts, acquisitions, going private transactions, organic expansion and other business building activities.
Why Mid-Market Companies Choose CIBC
Business owners and managers work with us because we offer our clients:
- A proven track record of successful deal closings
- A dedicated focus on mid-market companies
- Access to CIBC's global resources and industry expertise
- Significant cross-border and international experience
- Extensive access to corporate and financial buyers
- Capital structuring expertise
- Quality service, advice and execution