Welcome to CIBC Investor's Edge
As a CIBC Investor's Edge client, you can invest with confidence knowing you have access to tools, resources and competitive pricing that will help you be a successful self-directed investor. We offer a variety of registered, non-registered and margin accounts to suit your needs.
Everyone can trade for just $6.95
Whether you trade a little or a lot, you’ll pay just $6.95 per online equity trade with no strings attached. No minimum trades or minimum balance required. Active investors who make 150+ trades per quarter pay just $4.95*. Learn more about C I B C Investor’s Edge electronic equity trade commissions
Trade. Monitor. Stay Informed.
The enhanced CIBC mobile wealth experience means you can benefit from convenient and secure access to your CIBC Investor’s Edge account directly from your phone’s browser or using the free CIBC Mobile Wealth App. Learn moreabout the C I B C Investor’s Edge mobile experience
Find out how you can:
Whether you choose to invest in stocks, options, mutual funds, guaranteed investment certificates (GICs) or bonds, trading online is easy.
Equity Trading (Step 1)
- Your current account balance and a real-time quote are immediately accessible on the Stock Order Entry page.
- When you place a sell order, you can choose from a list of holdings in your account. Once you select a stock, you'll immediately see how many shares you currently hold.
- Fund your trades either from your CIBC bank account or directly from your brokerage account.
Equity Trading (Step 2)
- Save your trading password for the duration of the session so you don't have to re-enter the password to make multiple trades.
- See the estimated cost of your trade including commission.
- Buy puts or calls and write covered calls.
- Get real-time option quotes and underlying security quotes.
- Applicable strike prices, expiry dates and option types will automatically generate so you don't have to remember them.
- Get quick access to full option chain quotation information.
Mutual Fund Trading
- Purchase a wide variety of CIBC and third-party funds.
- To buy more of an existing holding, simply use the drop-down list.
- You may choose to have your distributions paid out or re-invested.
- If you wish to set up a reccurring fund purchase or sale, the Regular Investment Plan will allow you to customize the frequency of payments, amounts purchased/sold, start and end dates and the short-term suspension of the plan.
With CIBC Investor's Edge, you have access to research and analyst reports from industry experts including Standard & Poor's, CIBC World Markets and Reuters.
You can also:
- Customize up to 20 Watch Lists and choose a default Watch List that will be displayed when you log in.
- Set up customized alerts on everything from mutual fund prices and market changes to new analyst reports, all delivered directly to your inbox.
- Use the comprehensive market information including charts, an at-a-glance view of daily market performance and the latest financial headlines to stay informed of the day's market activity.
- Use the Fund Screener tool to find mutual funds and exchange-traded funds that suit your investment needs.
- Learn everything you need to know about specific funds with our fund profiles, complete with charts, performance history and a portfolio overview.
- Use the Stock Screener tool to find stocks that suit your investment needs.
- Quickly view the latest upgrades and downgrades and get the most current ratings from CIBC analysts.
Access essential information to effectively manage your investments, keep track of activity in your accounts and stay up-to-date with the latest news from CIBC Investor's Edge.
- Total Market Value of your portfolio is displayed along with the market value of each of your CIBC brokerage accounts, if you have more than one.
- Customize up to 20 Watch Lists and choose a default Watch List to be displayed for each session.
- The Get Stock Quote box makes it easy to find the stock symbol you're looking for.
Last Business Day
- Taking a day off from the markets? No problem, the Last Business Day tab gives you a detailed snapshot of your portfolio performance for the previous trading day.
- The arrow next to each security provides you with quick access to trading screens along with relevant market information such as news, charts and research.
- Stock symbols and the market on which they trade are available and provide a quick link to related Quotes and Research.
- The Intraday Changes tab shows changes to your portfolio as the market moves throughout the day. Get a quick summary of your account, including cash balance, market value of your portfolio and available margin.
- Download your holdings to an Excel-compatible file.
- You have the option of sorting your holdings a number of ways, including by currency, price and market value.
- Relevant messages are displayed under the security name to inform you of important information such as stock splits.
- The Portfolio/Book Value tab allows you to see how your portfolio and individual holdings are performing relative to their book value. Some account information is only available in the sub-account view of your portfolio.
- The dollar and percentage Gain/Loss is available for each asset type in your portfolio.
- You can now quickly see how a security is priced relative to its book value.
- The Holdings breakdown pie chart gives you a visual snapshot of your portfolio asset allocation.
Download your past transactions to an Excel-compatible file.
- Sort and filter your transaction history by various fields such as transaction type, symbol and currency.
- Detailed settlement information can be accessed by clicking the expansion button and includes commission, the settlement option and exchange rate if applicable.
Benefit from our single sign on feature and easily move between your CIBC Online Banking and CIBC Investor's Edge accounts. Sign on once to view your accounts, trade, pay bills and more.
Investor's Edge Newsletter - Exchange
You will receive our newsletter, Exchange, featuring updates from the President of Investor's Edge and insightful articles on capital markets and current economic conditions.
To access all your electronic documents, including account statements, trade confirmations and tax documents, in one convenient location, go to Account Information > eDocuments.
View, download and print your annual tax package and tax slips, including the CIBC Investor's Edge Client Tax Brochure.
Regular Investment Plans (RIPS)
Set up a Regular Investment Plan to save yourself time and establish a disciplined investment strategy. You can automatically transfer funds from your bank account to your CIBC Investor's Edge account on a regular basis. What's more, these funds can be automatically invested in a wide variety of Mutual Funds.
We're here for you
Being a self-directed investor doesn't mean you're on your own. Whether you want to open a new account or have questions about your existing account, a CIBC Investor's Edge Investment Representative is here to help.
Contact us toll-free at 1-800-567-3343 (Asian Trading Services 1-888-366-6888) Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Eastern Time. You may also email us 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
* All CIBC Investor’s Edge clients pay $6.95 CDN or U.S. per online equity trade with no minimum account balance or trading activity required. $4.95 flat CDN or U.S. per online equity trade when you trade 150 times or more per quarter. Additional terms and conditions apply. Call 1 800 567-3343 for complete details.
CIBC Investor's Edge is a division of CIBC Investor Services Inc., a subsidiary of CIBC, Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund and Member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada.
The information contained on this website is considered accurate at the time of posting. CIBC, CIBC World Markets Inc. and CIBC Investor Services Inc. reserve the right to change any of it without prior notice.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only and is not and should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other advice, including the suitability or profitability of a security or investment in a CIBC Investor's Edge account. You assume full responsibility for transactions in your CIBC Investor's Edge account and for your investment decisions.
® iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks or service marks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
® BlackBerry, RIM and Research in Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research in Motion and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and other countries around the world. Used under license from Research in Motion.
© 2011 Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Galaxy S Vibrant is a trade-mark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used in Canada under license.
™ Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
CIBC Online Brokerage offers you the same security protection as the one offered by the CIBC Online Security Guarantee