Documents for corporations or incorporated association

To open an account for a corporation, you must bring several documents: 

  • Original articles of incorporation, certificate of incorporation, or Articles of Amalgamation 
  • Most recent filing with your incorporating jurisdiction listing your directors 
  • Trade name registration, if applicable 
  • A copy of the official corporate record, specifically any section relating to the power to bind the corporation to the account, like a banking resolution

If your corporation has been in existence for more than one year, bring one the following documents issued withing the last year: 

  • Certificate of corporate status 
  • Certificate of existence 
  • Company’s annual report for past fiscal year 
  • Company’s most recent notice of assessment 
  • Current business license or vendor permits 
  • Current health or safety certificates 
  • Current liquor license or vendor permits, if applicable