What to do in the event of a loss or claim?
- Take photographs or have photographs taken of property damage caused by natural disasters, accident or malicious action. Go from room to room, inside and outside, and capture the damage from all angles.
- Get all details: date, time, names and contact for responsible parties, names and contact for witnesses (if applicable)
- Secure property to prevent further damage. If emergency repairs have to be done, keep your receipts for expenditure in a safe place.
- Secure damaged personal items
- Report loss or theft or malicious damage of property to the police as soon as possible
- Check the relevant sections of the policy to see precisely what is covered
- Contact the Bank / Insurance company as early as possible and complete the relevant claim form(s)
- If a third-party has made a claim for personal injury, or damage to property, make a full report in writing, and leave the matter to be handled by the insurer
- Under no circumstances should the insured accept liability
In the event of Accident, Remember:
- Call the Police
- Obtain the names and addresses of all parties involved and available witnesses who are not passengers in your vehicle
- Record measurements taken by Police
- DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY
- Report the accident as soon as possible
*CIBC FirstCaribbean International Bank is not an insurer. Coverage is underwritten and serviced by Massy United Insurance for which CIBC FirstCaribbean is an agent.
Contact to report an incident.
Learn more about the Claims process
Download and complete the required Claims form to settle your claim quickly:
All Risks Claim (42 KB)
Burglary Claim (46 KB)
Claim (83 KB)
Motor Claim (70 KB)
*These benefits are exclusive to CIBC FirstCaribbean customers
The CIBC FirstCaribbean Insurance Program (“Program”) is distributed by the CIBC FirstCaribbean Insurance Agent. The Program is underwritten and administered by Massy United Insurance Ltd, the insurer.