If you have money set aside that you have no immediate need for, why not put it to work for you? You can do so with a helping hand from CIBC FirstCaribbean. It's simple. Deposit a lump sum with us for a fixed period of your choosing...and you're on your way to earning guaranteed higher returns.
We offer you two options to really stretch your money – Non-Redeemable Term Deposit and Cashable Term Deposit.
Non-Redeemable Term Deposit
The Non-Redeemable Term Deposit offers the best interest rates and will become accessible at the agreed maturity date. At maturity you will have several available options; you may choose to renew the account, or withdraw the proceeds from your account and transfer funds to a regular deposit account.
Cashable Fixed Deposit
The Cashable Fixed Deposit product pays a premium return over the regular savings rate with flexibility which allows you to cash out your account (principal and interest accrued to date) at any time without any penalties. And yes, you can access your funds outside of the agreed maturity date without any penalty.A CIBC FirstCaribbean Fixed Deposit is ideal for:
- Serious Savers - Anyone who is saving towards a goal and wants to reach it faster
- First-time Investors - Anyone who is ready to explore the benefit of earning higher interest rates
- Retirees - The interest earned from one or more fixed deposits is an excellent supplemental source of income
- Businesses - Companies with surplus cash, which can generate greater interest if wisely invested
- Community Service and Charitable Organisations, Groups, Associations etc. - Such groups may wish to put funds on deposit for a specific period of time to take advantage of the higher interest earnings
- Just come in to any CIBC FirstCaribbean branch and talk with any of our Personal Bankers
- You will need to have one piece of valid picture identification (e.g. driver's licence, passport) plus acceptable proof of your current address
- There is a minor difference between the Non-Redeemable Fixed Deposit and the Cashable Fixed Deposit. The Non-Redeemable Term Deposit will only become accessible at the next maturity date while you can access your funds with the Cashable Fixed Deposit at any time.
- You do not have to visit a nearby CIBC FirstCaribbean branch to renew your Fixed Deposit. At maturity, your Fixed Deposit will automatically rollover into a new term. We will send you a confirmation communication outlining the updated details of your Term Deposit account.
- You can review our Term Deposit terms and receive more information about saving plans, by simply referring to our brochure or by speaking to a CIBC FirstCaribbean Sales Specialist in a nearby branch.