Chip, PIN & Contactless Cards
Our Credit Cards and Visa Debit Cards are now more secure, more convenient, more reliable
The CIBC FirstCaribbean credit and Visa debit cards portfolio now features two exciting, new technology advances:
the addition of Chip & PIN security, plus the introduction of Contactless Payment.
Together, these provide credit and Visa debit cardholders with increased utility and confidence through:
- Stronger security
- Better fraud protection
- Accepted at more places worldwide
- Chip cards—sometimes referred to as EMV or smart chip cards—provide an additional
layer of security during purchases.
- They contain an embedded microchip that creates a unique, encrypted code for each
transaction at the point-of-sale.
- This helps to reduce fraud and make it more difficult for unauthorized persons to copy
or alter the card information.
- With your chip card, you select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and use this to authorise each purchase made
at the point-of-sale terminal.
- You also enter your PIN when withdrawing cash from an ATM or Instant Teller™.
- Your PIN is confidential to you alone.
- Chip & PIN technology is the new global standard for secure card payments.
- More and more merchants around the world are quickly adopting this standard—
which means that your CIBC FirstCaribbean credit and Visa debit card will
be accepted for payment everywhere you go.
- We have gone even further and enhanced our credit and Visa debit cards with contactless payment technology.
- Wherever a contactless card reader is available or the contactless payment icon is displayed,
you can simply tap or wave your credit and Visa debit card to make a purchase.
- Using near-field communication (NFC), the card wirelessly and securely transmits
information to the high-speed reader, which then verifies your purchase in the usual
- Tapping or waving is often faster and more convenient to use than other forms of
- Click on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document at right for more